Job Description: Business Operations Specialist
Avigilon (TSX: AVO) is defining the future of the security industry through innovative, end-to-end solutions. Delivering the world’s best technology, Avigilon’s industry-leading HD network video management software, megapixel cameras, access control and video analytics products outpace the competition by a wide margin. We offer customers in more than 120 countries a customizable end-to-end, scalable and open solution to monitor property and protect people and their assets across diverse locations, including stadiums, retail environments, school campuses, casinos, critical infrastructure and transportation stations. Avigilon products are designed and manufactured in North America, providing customers with the most reliable and highest quality technology in the industry.
In 2014, Avigilon ranked among the fastest-growing technology companies in Canada for the fifth year in-a-row on the Deloitte Fast 50 and among the fastest-growing technology companies in North America for the fourth consecutive year on the Deloitte Fast 500. The company also received a 2014 BC Export Award in the Advancing Technology & Innovation category.
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Experience Operations, the Operations Specialist will help create a more scalable, global operation. This role helps design, document and implement new processes for Customer Order Management, Field Services and Technical Services. As a change agent on the team, you will leverage information and data to analyze a situation and look for ways to continually improve how we deliver services to our customers. You help to bring clarity to unclear situations, and will analyze complex business problems and data sets translating them into clear, actionable choices.
Comfortable with reporting, data analysis, process design and technology, you will work with different areas of the business to create a better experience for our employees, Partners and Customers. Great relationship building and communications skills—both verbal and written—are essential as you work with team mates (e.g. train and coach) to ensure new changes stick.
As the first incumbent in this new role, you must be adaptive, flexible and proactive in our dynamic, high energy environment. You may be in different project team roles such as analyst, tester, writer, lead, subject matter expert, trainer or coach. Change is the only constant in our fast growing and fun company. Embracing that change and implementing innovative improvements of your own will cement your success. Responsibilities include:
- Enhancing the customer experience by streamlining processes, helping set high standards for customer service
- Researching, identifying and understanding business requirements with customers or employees and then transitioning business requirements into functional or technical requirements.
- Analyze data and build reports to assist with process creation and design decisions
- Simplify complex data/information and present it clearly to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines to support and increase the success of the team.
- Contribute content to our Playbook (standard operating procedures).
- Create assessments based on multiple sources, both qualitative and quantitative information to have full view of an opportunity.
- Create, maintain and update department policies with the respective Managers
- Builds rapport easily with others and maintains strong relationships
- Working within the team and with other departments (e.g. such as IT, Product) to pull together training, communication, knowledgebase articles, or system changes etc.
- Exhibit positive energy and a "can do" attitude.
Preference will be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- 5 years’ experience in an analytical or Operations role
- Minimum 2 years Support Centre experience
- Obsessed with excellent Customer Service
- Excellent time and project management skills (PMP designation)
- A positive, can do attitude
- A high degree of independent thinking and judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in a related discipline
Perks & Benefits:
- Experience in Technical Support, Escalations, Process Design
- Salesforce, SAP, Contact Center phone systems
- Six Sigma certification or in progress
As a full-time employee of Avigilon you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, travel medical insurance, and eligibility to participate in the Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP). In addition, employees receive a health spending account to cover additional health care costs of your choosing (vision, dental, RMT etc). Perks at our Yaletown office include, outdoor basketball court and full-service in-door gym along with proximity to public transportation. Follow and learn more about Avigilon at: