Business Operations Coordinator
BC Children's Hospital
Vancouver BC As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
The Business Operations Coordinator participates in the design, development, implementation and operation of business administration and information management processes to effectively support BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) senior management and the BCCH physician group. What you'll do
What you bring
- Act as a key liaison between physician leads and individual physicians, participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of service planning.
- Coordinate planning requests and developing service plans under the guidance of the Manager or designate.
- Coordinate the day to day internal processes for physical activity recording and reporting.
- Provide information management and analytics support to BCCH senior management by developing, interpreting and maintaining up-to-date databases, and documentation for physician activities to meet senior management and Ministry of Health-mandated reporting requirements; this includes activity and time-based reporting of physician activities.
- Provide consultation to physician leads on resource plans for clinical and non-clinical services; provides advice on complex terms and conditions of contracts and agreements related to physician services.
- Make decisions in process design for collecting, storing and reporting of physician workload data.
- Analyze and interpret data related to physician recruitment and escalates issues as necessary.
- Monitor quarterly physician workload and service deliverables by tracking and compiling data, analyzing, investigating, interpreting and reporting on variances to fulfill Alternative Payment Plan (APP) contract obligations to the Ministry of Health.
- Act as liaison between BCCH Medical and Academic Administration and PHSA departments (Physician Compensation, Finance, Payroll and Human Resources) by sharing information, clarifying details, responding to queries, resolving issues and/or ensuring follow-up by relevant personnel.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of departmental policies and procedures in order to provide service planning advice to physicians, providing alternative solutions or escalating to Manager or designate.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures for new and existing initiatives in the portfolio area..
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in health, business, public administration or related field.
- At least three (3) to five (5) years related experience in business, operations and financial management, in particular physician administration.
You also have the ability to:
What we bring
- Self-manage and coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrate highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Use database, spreadsheet and word processing software at an advanced level.
- Perform the duties of the job.
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Perks include access to fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
Regular Full-TimeSalary Range: $59,344 - $74,181+ / year.
The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Location:
4500 Oak Street, Vancouver BC, V6H 2N9
Hours of Work:
131127 What we do
BC Children's Hospital (BCCH) provides care for the most seriously ill or injured children and youth from across British Columbia. BCCH is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA).
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA and BCCH are committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of August 11, 2022
. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264
. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.