Today, we are looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our talented team. You will be involved in building the department and ensuring it can deliver on the mission of sourcing, aggregating, and publishing POF’s business data to facilitate timely analysis and decision making at multiple levels of the organization.
You will work with our Data Engineering and DBA teams to architect and maintain the data warehouse as well as engineering tabular models, data cubes, automated reports, visualizations and dashboards. You will provide insight into the data and construct an alerting system to notify various departments of short and long-term issues.
You have strong analytical and BI engineering skills who thrives on providing the right data at the right time to the right people. This position is primarily responsible for the:
What will you do?
- Architecture and engineering of new data systems and reporting to help facilitate business decision making.
- Maintenance and modification of existing data systems that offer reporting based decision making.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- You will consult with business stakeholders to ascertain the priority needs and requests for business metrics and data
- You will architect and maintain the data warehouse to facilitate one source of truth for metrics and reporting
- You will validate data sources and construct ETLs, data pipes, and external data ingests to move and aggregate data into the data warehouse and data marts
- Develop and maintain SSIS, SSRS and SSAS projects.
- You’ll be responsible for complete projects, through the entire lifecycle of: collecting requirements, recommending and designing the appropriate solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates and then implementing.
- Respond to and troubleshoot issues related to data quality and performance and resolve them in timely manner.
- Work closely with different business teams to understand the problem at hand and help them find a solution, or design a suitable technical solution.
- Work with minimal supervision in an agile environment, be an effective communicator with other team members and the business owners.
- Strong analytical skills are a must; you’ll be maintaining a high level of data accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
- Understanding of relational database principles, expertise in SQL.
- Strong knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS, familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning the complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes/tabular models.
- Report design and BI tool experience/support (SSRS, PowerBI, etc).
- Experience in C# required, Java or Python preferred but not required.
- Experience in data science and model building a plus.
At PlentyOfFish, the foundation of our success has always been our people, and their dedication to making connections and conversations happen for our users.
Since 2003, we’ve been growing a team of passionate, driven individuals to build and enhance our platform that’s used by millions of people all over the world, every single day.
We’ve gotten to where we are by cultivating a high-performance culture, operating responsibly, and investing in our technology and our people. At PlentyOfFish, we embrace our work, and relish a cause for celebration.
Posted: December 10, 2017
Closes:January 7, 2018