Business Intelligence at BuildDirect
BuildDirect is a privately held technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With our BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, we can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will best perform.
We love the people we work with and the culture we’ve built. For us, curiosity is a mindset that sees a problem as the start of a great solution. We believe the best learning and greatest discoveries come from trying, even if you fail. We love that we aren’t perfect, but every day we are trying to get better at what we do.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will develop a deep understanding of BuildDirect’s business and dive into our data to find opportunities to improve business processes. A strong understanding of analytical methods, data warehousing, and statistics will be the foundations of exploration, either self-guided or directed by stakeholder requests.Examples of what BI Analysts are doing here
Experience that is relevant to us
- Identify business objectives and define key performance indicators
- Assess reporting needs and how they relate to business requirements
- Develop and maintain dashboards to provide insight and drive business decisions
- Transform complex data sets into meaningful conclusions and recommendations
- Evaluate and make recommendations on application of new analytics technologies
- Train new comers on the BI suite and company’s business model
- Work with other departments to drive adoption of analytical principles in your organization
- Create a culture of testing within an organization
- Develop performance goals for web analytics
What is BuildDirect’s mission?
- Databases and SQL queries
- Reporting or Business Intelligence development
- Experience with Qlikview and QlikSense a great benefit
- Experience in usability focused design
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server an asset
- An audacious spirit that embraces uncertainty and challenges with enthusiasm
- Strong sense of curiosity and the desire to learn and get better everyday
BuildDirect is a technology company, building an open platform for the home improvement industry. Our platform enables home-owners and contractors to find the perfect home improvement product from a large online selection. Our mission is to transform the home improvement industry, empower home owners to create their dream home, enable suppliers and manufacturers to supply what home owners really want and the way they want it, and reimagining the home improvement industry.BuildDirect by the numbers
Founded in 1999 in beautiful Vancouver. Today over 300 employees with more than 110 in the Technology groups in Vancouver, Waterloo and Bangalore. Every month 2.5 million home owners visit BuildDirect and we ship eight million pounds of products over a distance of about six million miles. Learn more at https://www.builddirect.com/WelcomeBuildDirect benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation
- "Learn something new" benefit – use it to learn anything… Getting better every day means constantly learning.
- You’ll learn more in one year at BD than anywhere else!
- Stock options
- Free weekly yoga class, fresh organic fruit, and onsite gym/lockers/bike storage
- A fabulous office in downtown Vancouver with penthouse patios and mountain views
- It’s not all work and no play! We have socials every Friday afternoon in our lounge so you can connect with your team mates and relax and wind down at the end of the week