Business Intelligence Analyst
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of PHSA safety, including both patient and employee safety, is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at PHSA's Agencies/Divisions/Services, and as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
The Business Intelligence Analyst applies business and advanced technical expertise in meeting HR data and reporting needs. The Business Intelligence Analyst also contributes to quality audits, the development, implementation and evaluation of activities to ensure that the tools, processes and systems are working efficiently in order to improve transactional and reporting activities. The Business Intelligence Analyst provides input to the overall goals, objectives and operations of the department by providing feedback and recommendations to the Lead.What you'll do
What you bring
- Recommends, develops, and implements procedures to ensure; protection, accuracy, and integrity of human resource data, including data monitoring and reconciliations. Researches reasons for data anomalies and ensures appropriate corrections or adjustments are made. Documents and reviews any system irregularities, and liaising with information systems, finance, and relevant parties to resolve data anomalies or system questions.
- Responsible for understanding client ad-hoc data requirements and converting into reporting deliverables. Contributes in driving reporting automation and simplification to free up time for in-depth analyses.
- Coordinates work activities related to the production of ad-hoc reports.
- Assists with developing budget, monitors expenditures, analyses and reports on variances
- Provides business and technical expertise for the analytics process, tools and applications for HR. Identifies opportunities that improve data accuracy and efficiency of HRIS related processes. Contributes to the development of HRIS training materials, documenting processes, and delivering sessions.
- Assesses appropriate reporting mechanisms, determining whether canned reports or customized reports are required, developing customized queries as necessary, maintaining procedures and documentation on query and report details, and documenting and maintaining a report run schedule ensuring collective agreement, legislative, HSCIS requirements.
- Contributes to business process improvement activities through methods such as analyzing human resource processes and recommending improvements using technological functionality, participating as a member of a team in the implementation of technology improvements. Supports implementation efforts where appropriate, and assists in developing and delivering education programs to human resource staff on new technology.
- Builds and delivers insightful performance reporting for various audience groups such as; operational dashboards, performance scorecards, and daily/weekly/monthly operational results for Human Resources and the organization.
- Follows universal and internal reporting standards to ensure consistency and transparency across reports and adheres to privacy and confidentiality policies and measures to protect data and information sources.
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in; Human Resources, Business Administration, Computer Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years' experience working in an analytical and reporting capacity preferably in a healthcare environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Knowledge of database management principles, including strong analytical, problem solving and system analysis skills. Ability to communicate complex and technical ideas effectively and to be customer service focused. Advanced knowledge and ability to use SQL, MS Excel, and SSSRS, with working knowledge in VBA, SharePoint, and dashboard design. Demonstrated ability to collect data from a variety of sources including compiling metrics, synthesize data, produce reports, and make recommendations. Knowledge of relevant database, spreadsheet and human resources information systems such as PeopleSoft. Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and competing demands.
Skills & Knowledge
What we bring
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC's Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.).
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too - offering health, wellness, development programs to support you - at work and at home.
- Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations - offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San'yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Regular, Full-Time Salary Range: $72,445 - $104,139 /year.
The starting salary for this position would be determined with consideration of the successful candidate's relevant education and experience, and would be in alignment with the provincial compensation reference plan. Salary will be prorated accordingly for part time roles.
1333 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1G9
Applications accepted until position is filled
Hours of Work:
0830-1630 (Monday to Friday)
159896EAs per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.What we do
The Provincial Health Services Authority ( PHSA ) plans, manages and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose.
Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, background and experience, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Reconciliation is an ongoing process and a shared responsibility for all of us. The BC Governments' unanimous passage of the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act was a significant step forward in this journey-one that all health authorities are expected to support as we work in cooperation with Indigenous Peoples to establish a clear and sustainable path to lasting reconciliation. True reconciliation will take time and ongoing commitment to work with Indigenous Peoples as they move toward self-determination. Guiding these efforts Crown agencies must remain focused on creating opportunities that implement the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Mandate.ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at http://internaljobs.phsa.ca
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of February 14, 2024. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday - Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at email@example.com
and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.