Business Health, Safety and EnvironmentTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in buildings of the future through safe, smart and sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.The Business Health, Safety and Environment Specialist will contribute to improve further Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance and promote an exemplary HSE culture. This person will support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advise. The Business HSE Specialist will be responsible for manufacturing, office and project activities. This role will report to the operations manager and will be based at the ABB Montreal Campus.Your responsibilities
- Actively support the management in developing and promoting a health, safety and environment culture.
- Assist line managers in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group policies and standards.
- Maintain ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001) certifications and the quality management system in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Drive and ensure implementation and compliance with Group ABB Way management system.
- Participate in internal and external audits and take part as internal auditor.
- Identify relevant training activities or needs and develop or launch training programs as needed.
- Promote and coordinate prevention activities (corporate programs, safety weeks, risk assessment, etc.).
- Report, investigate and follow-up on HSE incidents. Provide feedback on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across ABB to management and employees and implement the appropriate control measures.
- Report progress on implementation of ABB Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ABB Group, as required.
- Lead and coordinate EHS meeting and activities (safety committee, evacuation plan, First aid worker, etc.).
- Take part in the development of corporate policies.
- Onboarding of new employees related to HSE at ABB Campus.
- College, certificate or Baccalaureate diploma in Health, Safety and Environment or any others relevant discipline.
- 5 years of relevant experience in Health, Safety and Environment within an industrial and corporate environment.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable EHS Laws, regulations and standards.
- Risk management in manufacturing and fields installation (machine safety, lock-out, work at height, ergonomic, etc.).
- Strong background required in ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 (OHSAS 18001).
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and statistical calculations.
- Lean six sigma and internal auditor certification, an asset.
- Bilingualism French / English (Spoken/ written).
- ABB is looking for a leader with a team spirit to join a multi-disciplinary team that will be able to take on multiple exciting projects and drive the HSE priorities across the organization.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid
Administrative Health Care