Operating Name: Maple Kids Childcare Centers (The Maples)
Number of Open Positions: 1
Terms of Employment: fulltime, permanent (At least 35 hours per week)
At Maple Kids Child Care Centers (The Maples), we are in business of providing high quality child care. Our organization dedicated to creating a nurturing, stimulating and welcoming environment for all children. Our unique programs incorporate a variety of educational theories, while always keep the child’s best interest in mind and allow for hands-on, experiential learning.
We believe that children thrive in an environment which values their own uniqueness, while providing support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially and creatively. By building on each child’s strengths, interests and curiosities, we guide each child to explore the world around them as well as develop new abilities and form close relationships.
We have three active locations in Vancouver and Richmond, and are in the process of opening three new locations in Vancouver and Richmond. We are currently looking for a Business Development Officer to join our growing Team.
Main job duties:
- Plan, develop and oversee the overall business development strategy
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose to enhance the company’s capabilities and performance
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Analyze the potential of the company's service area to determine target markets
- Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services and/or products
- Promote our services in a professional and creative manner in the community and conduct all necessary follow-up
- Communicate and/or negotiate with local authorities, business partners, vendors and suppliers
- Ensure high-quality service standards are maintained in setting up new daycare locations in accordance with all levels of government requirements, rules, and regulations.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speak to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives
- Build strong relationships with new and existing clients
- Set up meetings between potential clients and our ECE’s
- Support the development and delivery of daycare activities and other projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education or related field
- At least 3 years experience in a leadership or business development role
- Daycare or Child education experience a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently in fast-past environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Enthusiastic, reliable and independent self-starter with strong organizational, decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as needed and work as an individual contributor as well as part of a team
- Honest, high level of work ethic and integrity, assertive and strong desire to succeed
- Team player who supports others when needed
Interested applicants may send their resume by email. Strictly no phone calls please.