As a Business Development Manager for a growing General Contractor located in Surrey, B.C. Canada you will lead business development, sales and marketing efforts to grow our market share, developing relationships with empowered client contacts to achieve overall growth objectives.
Our core markets including residential, instituational and commercial projects.
This position reports to the CEO in our Surrey, B.C. Canada office.
You Will Have the Opportunity To:
- Build client relationships. You will initiate new potential client contacts and develop and maintain relationships with existing clients to achieve selection to perform preconstruction and budgeting services.
- Partner with senior leadership team in formulating annual business development plan for the market or region (SWOT analysis, market trends, existing and target clients, required resources, business development budget.)
- Drive strategic growth objectives. Perform market research to identify, qualify and prioritize potential markets, projects and customers. Develop strategies to optimize project opportunities and meet power market business development goals.
- Deliver exceptional presentations and proposals to clients to win business. Assist the development of major proposals and train and assist project personnel to make effective client presentations. Organize and tender qualification data to clients. Lead the effort in developing presentation materials.
- Develops and maintains a wide network through participation in industry committees and associations (ICSC, ULI, NAIOP, CIOR, AIRE, CoreNet, etc.). Represent us at trade shows. Identify and lead our participation in strategic trade shows for networking purposes and to increase our presence and visibility within the power industry.
- Collaborate with multiple teams. Partner effectively with senior leadership and all internal departments such as estimating, operations, marketing, safety/quality, and IT in order to assist the business development effort.
- Maintain client reporting system (CRM) for communicating client contacts, current targeted project status, and known future bidding opportunities.
To Be Successful in This Role, You Will Need:
- The desire to win. Our best Business Development Managers have the drive to succeed by winning over new clients and projects to grow our business.
- Well-developed sales and business development skills with a proven track record of developing and closing new business as well as growing business with existing clients.
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related discipline preferred.
- Must have contacts and well-established relationships with clients and engineers in the power market with the proven ability to develop and cultivate new client relationships.
- Must be familiar with the function and operation of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Should be familiar with and be able to manage market research applications.
- Demonstrated leadership, sales and strategic planning skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to present proposals to clients with competence and confidence.
- Previous experience in Estimation is a coveted asset.
Why Build with our Growing, Dynamic Team?
Building Your Future is How We Build Ours. We seek out those with the highest potential and provide an empowering environment with tools that allow you to take ownership in your career development.
Stability Means Staying Ahead of the Curve. We are committed to continuous improvement and reinvesting in evolving technologies. To ensure stability, we have a diversified project portfolio in a broad range of niche markets nationwide.
We Are Family. This is why we have an intense commitment to Safety. We want to make sure that every member of our family goes home each day to theirs. Our family-owned company also sponsors wellness and charitable events, casual employee get-togethers, lunch and learns, and other fun social events.
Our Greatest Asset? Our Name. Reputation is grown over time. Our dedication to our people and building trust has enabled us to cultivate long-term relationships with our clients, our partners, and each other.
Posted: December 16, 2017
Closes:February 14, 2018