Business ControllerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Process Industries division delivers complete electrification and automation solutions, industry-specific products and lifecycle services across industries. Engineering and delivering automation solutions from device to monitoring and control make our customers get more out of their investment; digitalization solutions including collaborative operations and augmented reality help improve plant and enterprise productivity, reduce maintenance and energy costs. Our engineering, project management, services and solutions portfolio covers a wide range of industries - Mining, Pulp & Paper, Metals, Aluminum and Cement, Data centers and Food and Beverage.Serving as the key partner for the Process Industries, Process Automation business, you will be a vital member of its finance team in Canada. You will help to set business strategy in line with wider division and product group strategies.In this role you will provide key support to the business, ensuring accurate tracking and processing of all transactions. You will translate business strategy into plans and establish measurable targets, evaluate the financial implications of various strategic decisions, identify risks and recommend actions.Your responsibilities
- Overseeing the business planning and forecasting process for Process. Industries, Process Automation and serving as the interface with Global Divisions and Local Industry Managers.
- Establishing cost structures, productivity optimization and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flow and taking relevant actions to improve net working capital.
- Ensuring compliance with internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements.
- Performing financial analysis, reporting to business managers and making suggestions to improve performance, where appropriate.
- Establishing and overseeing processes and tools to obtain transparent and reliable financial data and business information.
- Ensuring timely and efficient communication with relevant Controllers, the Accounting Center and others to identify and discuss issues, and suggest improvements.
- 10 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software, including SAP, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multitask.
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or finance related.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Travel is minimal, less than 5%.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our websitewww.abb.com.For the 4th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's top employers by Forbes Magazine and has been ranked #1 within the industry category. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.#LI-Hybrid