About the Company:
BuildDirect is an eCommerce company with a proprietary tech platform that connects homeowners and home improvement professionals in North America with suppliers and sellers of quality building materials from around the world, including flooring, tile, decking, and more.
Our mission is to be the world's simplest and most trusted source for all things flooring. And we do all this from the comfort of home.
We live our values everyday. Trust, ownership, excellence, customer obsession and perseverance are at the heart of everything we do. And we can't forget our final value - "Enjoy the Journey". BD allows us to have our voices matter in all that we do. We're collaborative and entrepreneurial at the same time. Our commitment to one another allows us to be accountable while enjoying a work culture that values our experience and decision-making capabilities. If you are looking for a role where your contributions make a difference in how the company operates, BuildDirect could be a great match for you. Job Summary:
We are looking for an analytical, strategic, driven, and well-rounded business professional who takes pride in producing top quality work and who enjoys collaborating with a variety of people across all departments of a matrixed organization.
This position will drive the development and implementation of strategies that span product delivery/pricing and overall convenience to customers based on insights from internal/external data, competition and industry/customer experience trends. The Business Analyst will act as an internal consultant to the Executive team helping the company focus on improving profitability and increasing efficiency across the organization through strategic projects, process improvement, management decision support and other cross functional initiatives. Part of this role will demand a "chief of staff" mentality, requiring the individual to influence peers and superiors, while driving key deliverables across various teams. Job Duties:
Insights and Strategy
- Conduct customer/competitive/market intelligence research and analysis, consumer trends/demand and emerging approaches to CX.
- Run product/category analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategy
- Measure the impact of a variety of merchandise or marketing initiatives, summarize results and advise on strategies to improve performance
- Deliver monthly and quarterly insights and analytics for reports, based on multiple data sources such as customer journey data, google analytics etc.
- Integrate Customer Insights into key company initiatives, like annual business planning, along with analytical projects using internal transactional data and external industry data to inform BD strategy across various customer segments.
- Generate ideas to enhance customer experience/retention and growth based on insights, resourceful experimentation. These may have an impact on (but not limited to) loyalty programs, value proposition, enhanced accessories experience etc.
- Develop and implement strategies to grow our 3rd party ecosystem in conjunction with cross functional teams
- Develop a framework that informs our selection strategy and ensures BD is always at the forefront of knowing and delivering on carrying selection that our customers care about
Pricing Strategy and Analytics
- Track and report on the key business metrics required to manage the business and measure effectiveness of functional teams.
- Setup processes and frameworks to monitor competitor prices across and provide competitive review with recommendations quarterly
- Assist with development and oversee implementation of strategic pricing initiatives and marketing strategies designed to grow margins
Margin and process improvement initiatives
- Lead margin improvement initiatives for Marketplace and Ops team - cross functional process improvement projects
- Identify opportunities based on the data in conjunction with business users
- Provides recommendations to senior leaders on business decisions based on deep dive into data analysis. Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Act as a key liaison (Quasi- Product Manager) for seller technology for product development and enhancements and provide support to sellers to prioritize and resolve critical issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and creating financial projections
- Must possess exceptional analytical and organizational skills along with a meticulous attention to detail
- Analytical mindset and ability to synthesize large datasets and create insights for different type of audience
- Self starter and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to work within a close-knit team oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 3+ years of relevant, hands-on experience
- Experience in SQL, Business Intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to tailor content to a specific audience
- Ability to generate new and unique ideas that can inspire the organization, customers and end-users
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, MBA or a related field or relevant experience
- Unlimited vacation
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!