Our Business Engagement Services (BES) department - our company's strategic, go-to business improvement resource - has an opportunity for two business analysts to complement our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading business process improvement projects, participating in business process development, conducting business analysis and evaluation, and acting as a liaison with internal customers. This is a business-oriented position with minimal focus on information technology development.
You will help clients excel by providing unparalleled, customer-focused business advisory and strategic services, working collaboratively with our customers and partners to be a leading, learning, and sharing department.
Join our analytics delivery team that has been quoted by a senior Microsoft analytics consultant as "leading the Canadian public sector in our maturity of analytics". Where you'll work
At WorkSafeBC, we offer a hybrid work model
that combines the convenience of working remotely with the dynamism of working in one of our offices, based on the operational needs of the position.
In this role, you'll work primarily from your B.C. home and occasionally in our Richmond office. What you'll do As a business analyst you will:
Is this a good fit for you? We're looking for someone who can:
- Conduct business analysis including identifying and document business problems/issues
- Evaluate current business processes, identify opportunities, and provide recommendations for changes to business processes using established methodologies
- Manage projects from inception to conclusion
Your experience and educational background:
- Independently plan, prioritize, and coordinate complex and concurrent activities to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Present analysis results to various groups and individuals, including senior management
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Exercise sound judgment and make appropriate recommendations
Important to know
- A master's degree in business administration, or a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation
- A minimum of three years of recent related experience in business improvement, project management, or management consulting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Before we can finalize any offer of employment, you must:
- Consent to a criminal record check
- Confirm you're legally entitled to work in Canada
WorkSafeBC's COVID-19 Employee Mandatory Vaccine Policy (the "Policy") is suspended effective January 9, 2023, however we reserve the right to re-implement it in response to changes in the public health landscape, including public health orders. We are committed to the protection, health, and safety of our employees and our Communicable Disease Prevention Program and related protocols remain in effect. Who we are
At WorkSafeBC, we promote safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We're honoured to serve the 2.49 million workers and 263,000 registered employers in our province. What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and rewarding. Our positions offer diversity and opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important, and so are the people we do it for.
Our ability to make a difference relies on building a team with a rich variety of skills, knowledge, backgrounds, abilities, and experiences that reflects the diversity of the people we serve. We are committed to fostering a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive work culture where everyone can contribute as their best, authentic self. Learn more:
Discover who we are . Our benefits
As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that help you get the most out of work - and life. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes:
- Defined benefit pension plan
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year, with regular increases based on years of service
- Health care and dental benefits
- Optional leave arrangements
- Development opportunities (tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and more)
Find out what we offer . Want to apply?
- Applications are welcomed immediately, however must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. PST on the closing date.
- Please note that we will be starting assessments prior to the closing date.
- We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If you require an accommodation in the assessment process, please email Recruitment Testing Accommodation (SM) when you submit your application.