Job Description Summary
Put your analytical mindset, process optimization skills, and cross functional communication abilities to work and join STEMCELL Technologies, Canada's largest biotechnology company, as a Business Analyst in the Operations team!
As a Business Analyst, Operations, you will conduct targeted audits of cross-functional business processes and programs to identify weaknesses and pain points, articulate the implications of those weaknesses, and develop recommendations for improvement. You will be instrumental in building and maintaining effective relationships with the business counterparts for operations projects, and will drive a positive and far-reaching effect on the business as a whole. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative solutions that support responsive and scalable operations across the organization and have a strong influence on customer experience!
Please note: this is a 1 year contract with potential for full-time employment.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge and Qualifications
- Apply understanding of business analysis and project management methodologies and techniques to ensure the successful implementation of Operations projects supporting our end to end business processes and programs, and promoting best practice across departments
- Facilitate the creation of business requirements, user stories, business process analysis, and design and functional specifications for improvements or enhancements to existing business solutions
- Identify trends and gaps in processes and policies, and work with partners to develop recommendations and/or requirements to address these needs
- Support and develop a culture of process optimization and continuous improvement as a core competency across the business
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant business field, with at least 3 years of experience working in a Business Analyst role in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, such as SAP, is required; Prosci change management, Lean, and/or Six Sigma training are a distinct asset
- Demonstrated facilitation and problem-solving skills in process improvement projects and initiatives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Client-focused mindset with proven experience building strong working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians