You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
KPMG's Global Infrastructure Advisory team plays a pivotal role in working alongside our Canadian and global clients as they respond to rapidly changing infrastructure markets. We have a skilled team of engineers, economists, accountants, policy analysts, urban planners, and project management professionals all working together to respond to the unique needs our clients. We are currently looking for a Business Analyst to join our practice and contribute to multidisciplinary project teams supporting our clients to achieve their goals.
Our team advises a diverse range of public and private sector clients on all aspects of the infrastructure lifecycle - from project feasibility, through procurement and commercial negotiations, into construction delivery, asset management, and ultimately divestment and reinvestment. We advise on strategy and work with our clients to establish critical governance structures to ensure project success. We also provide the technical expertise required to complete economic analysis, financial modelling, cost reviews, and due diligence. The team is agile and ready to work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
If this sounds like the type of environment where you would thrive, we want you to come join KPMG's global network of professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 154 countries. With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make.
Reporting to the management and partner group of KPMG Canada's Deal Advisory Infrastructure Practice, the Business Analyst will assist our practice in the delivery of high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients by bringing engineering, professional services, or industry expertise to the team. What you will do
What you bring to the role Basic Qualifications
- Work on multidisciplinary teams to deliver on a variety of projects.
- Communicate with different parties such as clients and other advisors.
- Prepare and distribute reports and proposals.
- Prepare proposals for RFP submissions.
- Perform research, data gathering and analysis,
- Assist with the development, and review of engagement reports, technical project reviews and audits.
- Assist with project risk assessment including identifying and quantifying project risks.
- Assist in the commercial structuring of complex contracts.
- Assist on procurement and process management, including bid evaluation.
- Participate in strategic advice to clients based on detailed analysis.
- Assist in preparing strategic plans, business plans and business cases.
- Contribute to a dedicated team of professionals in delivering advisory services to clients.
- A Bachelor's degree in business, commerce, economics, math, planning, or similar area.
- 1-5 years of experience in a relevant industry.
- Understanding of business issues relating to a capital/infrastructure project lifecycle.
- Ability to write complex reports for a diverse range of audiences, including executive private and public sector audiences.
- Ability to prepare and co-present PowerPoint presentations.
- A team-oriented attitude, an ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Proven capability of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and engage with diverse groups.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Flexibility to manage multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Strong quantitative analysis and computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Canada and abroad, as necessary.
- Experience in public sector procurement.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience applying project management principles and concepts.
- Experience writing strategies, business plans and business cases.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance