Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, the incumbent will assist in customer engagement and solution delivery for the Digital Operations Systems related to new mining projects. Primary areas of focus will be production and statistical reporting, processing, and engineering systems. The successful candidate would be responsible for developing and maintaining business relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels of the mining project teams and would collaborate with other Digital Systems teams to ensure successful delivery of solutions that meet collaborator needs!
Teck is currently developing digital systems to support the operations of multiple mining sites from pit to port. The Business Analyst, Digital Operations will lead the careful planning, design, and development of these systems in collaboration with the software engineering team based in the Calgary and Vancouver offices. The Business Analyst, Digital Operations will also build strong relationships with the mining projects' Operation Readiness teams that will define the requirements, and the Chilean and Canadian Teck Digital Systems teams that deliver on these requirements.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Gather and validate detailed business requirements between the Operational Readiness and the Teck Digital Systems Chilean & Canadian teams, monitor the progress of the development teams and ensure that the solution is addressing business requirements.
- Manage the solution delivery cycle from end to end, starting with requirements gathering, monitoring progress of digital systems teams who are building the solution, coordinating testing, and inspiring change management and training activities to ensure successful rollout and user satisfaction.
- Support the preparation of data and environments for key testing cycles of new functionality.
- Translate business requirements into a set of functional requirements for the development teams to implement.
- Serve as a liaison between integrated project teams for which project dependencies exist.
- Participate and/or lead discovery, fit/gap, and planning sessions to come to an appropriate solution.
- Implement proper change management with end users in the field to ensure solutions are well communicated and well received.
- Support Implementation and Go-Live of software at various mine sites.
- Work with the project manager to evolve/improve on various work packages timeline, effort, and cost.
- Produce documentation for training, change management and business process modeling purposes as part of solution delivery of business improvement initiatives.
- Perform research and assist the business in evaluating and selecting the best commercial software solutions.
- Align with Teck Standards, policies, and procedures to ensure security and integrity of supported solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent domain experience
- 5-8 years of progressively senior level experience delivering and supporting Digital Solutions in an industrial setting.
- Strong breadth and depth of knowledge of general industrial business processes with a preference for mining and processing domains, and software systems that support them.
- Experience in Integrated Mining Operating Center and Integrated Planning would be an asset.
- Experience in cloud-based software development would be an asset.
- Excellent business analysis, project management and change management skills.
- Experience with the software development cycle in the areas of requirements gathering, prioritization, quality assurance, end user training and task management strategies.
- Ability to learn new technical business domains quickly.
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction and the ability to maintain strong relationships with business owners and application users.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High emotional maturity and ability collaborate well with others.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and low structured environment.
- Ability to fluently speak and write in Spanish is preferred but not required.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.Job Segment:
Test Engineer, Coal Mining, Sustainability, Testing, Software Engineer, Engineering, Mining, Energy, Technology