Business Analyst and Project Support, IMITS Web Solutions
The PHSA IMITS Web Solutions team plays an important role in building solutions and supporting systems used by the Health Authorities of BC. The systems include: Intranets, Internet Web Sites, a provincial Learning Management System, SharePoint Team Sites for internal collaboration, management of Internet domains, SSL certificates and developing custom web applications, workflows & forms. Many of these systems are needed by our health care providers to deliver care. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and play a key role in both developing and evolving the services provided by the Web Solutions team. You bring broad industry knowledge and experience and a passion for working in a complex systems and technology diverse environment to the position.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the analysis and documentation of business requirements to support projects for designated IMITS programs/services
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to develop business systems enhancements, business solutions, or business processes
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the project team
- Analyze system gaps and map business processes including identifying links to other business systems
- Contribute to developing solutions to ensure that business processes and/or project deliverables are consistent, accurate, and timely
- Contribute to strategic planning.
- Develop project plans for the development and implementation of new business processes
- Support the transition from current systems, practices and processes to an integrated system, common practices, and standardized processes with current or improved functionality
- Ensure key results are delivered by analyzing business systems and processes, formulating recommendations, and supporting decision making
- Implement or help implement of effective processes to assess and mitigate project risks
- Support the IMITS Manager/Team Lead by providing regular updates on progress and risks to completion.
- Advise on standard project management process
- Review, analyze and define current/future state processes and contribute to the development of specifications and testing for all identified development, system modifications, and installations
- Support users, develop training materials, deliver training, and guide system users and department staff.
- Develop and maintain business processes, policies and procedures, as well as reference documentation such as user instructions, manuals, and reference materials
- Education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information Science, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Five (5) years recent related experience including project planning, analysis and implementation; public service and health sector experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to carry out business process mapping and fit gap analysis
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability manage multiple interactions with multiple groups while working on multiple issues at the same time
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and system analysis skills
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects with stringent timelines
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to provide user support, advice and training, and other user liaison services.
If this sounds like you, apply now! Temporary Full-Time
Location: 1795 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC
Closing date: Close when filled.
Reference #: 73957-1 About us
Information Management Information Technology Services (IMITS) is part of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA). PHSA provides specialized health services to British Columbians, including cancer care, organ transplantation, pediatrics, emergency services, mental health and substance use services. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence
and include: Respect people - Be compassionate - Dare to innovate - Cultivate partnerships - Serve with purpose
. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: https://jobs.phsa.ca/family-brands
We hire on the basis of merit and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences. We strive to create a safe and welcoming environment where everyone can come to work and be their best, authentic self.