First Canada, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Transit Drivers. Previous Transit experience not required, we will provide training to successful candidates.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enjoy interacting with the public;
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule;
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required;
- Operates on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs;
- Assumes any and all other duties assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- A valid Class 2 Driver's license with air brake endorsement;
- The ability to obtain Operator's license with required endorsements;
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years;
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area;
- A clean, "No Contraventions" Driver's Abstract;
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check;
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol testing.
- Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required;
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment;
- Interaction with the public.
First Canada is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Aboriginal peoples and members of a visible minority.