Transit Bus Drivers
First Transit, our nation's largest provider of bus passenger transportation, has openings for Transit Drivers. Previous Transit experience not required, we will provide training to successful candidates.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enjoy interacting with the public;
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance and demeanor;
- Drive one of several different coach/buses or company non-revenue vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the contracted service area within a daily assigned time schedule;
- Maintain the appearance of the interior of the bus;
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required;
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids;
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents, and communicate with dispatch as required;
- Operates on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs;
- Assumes any and all other duties assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- A valid Class 2 Driver's Licence with air brake endorsement;
- The ability to obtain Operator's Licence with required endorsements;
- A record of safe and responsible driving over the past 5 years;
- A willingness to work a variety of shifts;
- A good general knowledge of the demographics of the service area;
- A clean, "No Contraventions" Driver's Abstract;
- To be able to pass vulnerable sector records check;
- To be able to pass drug and alcohol testing.
- Transit environment: early, split & late shifts may be required;
- Safety focused, clean respectful environment;
- Interaction with the public.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, Indigenous peoples and members of a visible minority. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all. First is committed to providing reasonable accommodation at all stages of the hiring process and encourage all applicants who may require such accommodation to let us know.
Maintenance and Technicians