Position Summary BUILDING MANAGER II (RESIDENT) Job ID: 3383 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: VANCOUVER To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** BUILDING MANAGER II (RESIDENT) POSITION SUMMARY
The Building Manager functions as BC Housing's representative in matters of tenant relations and building management at the site(s) where the work is performed, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor. You will be called upon to use your excellent interpersonal relationship building and conflict resolution skills to manage challenging tenant conflict issues and deal effectively with seniors, persons with disabilities and tenants with complex social /health care needs and/or behavioural problems.
The Building Manager possesses and demonstrates core BC Housing competencies of personal effectiveness, communication, customer focus, team work and being results focused. Job specific competencies for the successful candidate include operations management and building systems management. Additionally, the candidate demonstrates leadership competencies such as integrity, the ability to be strategic; relationship building and empowering skills, is results focused and exemplifies personal excellence.
Standard Building Manager responsibilities include maintaining order and appearance of the 'common' and 'public' areas; minor grounds upkeep including outside litter pickup and sweeping; answering and determining emergency calls and notifying appropriate authorities; generating work orders; performing unit inspections and assisting with annual inspections; responding to or processing resident enquiries and complaints and taking appropriate action; performing minor maintenance duties as detailed in "Appendix B, Part 1" of BCGEU 2 collective agreement and other related duties as directed. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will be a Grade 12 graduate, preferably with post-secondary education in the social services related field and one year's experience as a Building Manager or equivalent. You also possess good organizational and problem solving skills and have intermediate MS office skills.
This position is required to travel between sites; a valid class 5 driver's license and satisfactory driving record and access to a reliable vehicle will be required.
* Must be able to work weekends, with days off to be determined*
- Please Note: Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record search and are required to maintain Security Clearance throughout their employment.