As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city-and their careers-forward. Build a City. Build a Future
at the City of Surrey.
Union - CUPE Local 402 - Regular Full-Time
The Planning and Development Department is looking to add a Building Inspector 1 to its team! This position is responsible for inspection and regulatory work involving inspecting and checking buildings and on-site requirements for compliance to the design, materials, workmanship and safety devices with relevant by-laws, regulations and codes.
- Coordinating daily inspection schedules with other inspectors
- Reading and interpreting building plans
- Writing reports and correspondence on issues including but not limited to inspections, complaints and investigations
- The position requires superior communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey information to the public, professionals and other staff. Computer literacy and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Completed Grade 12 supplemented by a post-secondary diploma or certificate in Building Technology or related discipline.
- At least three years' experience in building trades.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Technical achievement of the Level I Certificate from the Building Officials Association of BC
- A valid BC Driver's License with access to a personal vehicle for business purposes.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires completion of a Police Information Check.
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
This job will be posted until October 24, 2019.
Our Values Integrity - Service - Teamwork - Innovation - Community
Construction, Mining and Trades Maintenance and Technicians