CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes
, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients' needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high-net-worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients. CIBC Wealth Management consists of 4 major business lines in Canada and Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management in the United States: CIBC Wood Gundy
is the full-service brokerage division of CIBC and has a broad network serving clients through 80 branches nationally. CIBC Asset Management
is comprised of our institutional money management, retail mutual fund and managed solutions businesses. CIBC Asset Management is one of Canada’s leading asset managers. CIBC Private Wealth Management
focuses exclusively on providing financial stewardship to Canada’s wealthiest individuals & families as well as private holding companies, trusts, estates, charitable foundations and First Nations. CIBC Investor’s Edge
is our self-directed brokerage platform. The business offers clients a full array of investment products and securities, research and tools, available through electronic channels (including online and automated telephone services) and through our customer contact centre. Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management
provides integrated wealth management, investment advisory, investment management, investment counseling, trust, fiduciary, related asset management services, individual retirement account and other custodial services for high net worth individuals, their families, foundations and/or endowments.
The centralized, shared service groups are: Chief Administration Office
includes Wealth Management strategy and M&A, strategic initiatives and governance and program management office as well as compensation strategy. Wealth Advisory Services
delivers specialized high-net-worth advisory services (including financial planning strategy and support, wealth advisory, tax and estate planning, business transition planning), fee-based and managed account advisory program development and support, and client experience strategy across all Wealth Management business lines.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
. Job Overview
The Branch Assistant manages the reception area of the Wood Gundy Branch and provides professional and courteous customer service to CIBC Wood Gundy clients. Branch Assistants are accountable for supporting the Branch through execution of a wide range of support activities necessary to ensure the ongoing efficient and effective operation of the Branch such as processing transactional banking requirements . What You’ll Be Doing
• Provide high quality face-to-face and telephone client service by greeting and meeting all clients’ immediate needs quickly, accurately and effectively • Correspondence Handling and General Office Administration • Arrange for scheduling of meeting rooms and catering for branch meetings as required • Receive, open and distribute incoming mail, couriers and faxes • Enter manual buy/sell orders and new issue tickets on DNS system • Confirm buy/sell orders, liaising with other staff as required • Perform cash transactional banking functions What We’re Looking For
• Receive and process Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) and wires • Record credits in client accounts • Receive and process stock certificates • Verify and process Letters of Authorization • Verify and approve transfers, de-regs on GOW
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have computer literacy, strong keyboarding and internet navigation skills in a Windows-based environment
- Must/Should have basic computer skills in a Windows environment such as using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Should have extensive customer service attributes/experience and proven track record of providing world class service to client
- Should have strong organizational skills and detail orientation
- Ability to work in a team environment
What You Need To Know
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- This role operates within a fast paced and deadline driven office environment. Must be able to focus and calmly prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced, high-pressured work environment.