294 Bernard Avenue
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
As a key addition to this team, located in Downtown Kelowna, this role will be supporting the region by providing effective operational support and management of sales compliance and regulatory requirements. This is an ideal role for a Banking Professional who would like to move over to the operational side.
- As first point of contact you will be welcoming clients warmly and meeting their banking service and transactional needs with seamless execution.
- You will be supporting client requests for all lines of business, including handling transactions and supporting clients who walk into the branch.
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility as a member of the Branch / regional team.
- Reviews requests with discretionary decisions to decide actions to be taken.
- Coordinates and executes specific activities for the implementation of strategic initiatives; includes tracking metrics and milestones.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on branch administration and delivering business results.
- Cross trains team members to ensure coverage and contingency for holiday relief.
- Performs various operational activities to meet business objectives, client needs, and maintain overall service levels.
- Meets high quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management and compliance as per guidelines.
- Follows through on risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers' assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensure an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Coordinates and participates in the execution of oversight/governance activities including reporting and execution of regulatory administration processes & procedures.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in the Financial Industry
- Successful Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or Investment Funds in Canada (IFIC)
- Branch Compliance Officer (BCO) certification - must be completed or in progress (must be completed within 6 months).
- Verbal & written communication skills - Excellent
- Organization skills - Excellent
- Collaboration & team skills - Excellent
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Excellent
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Sales and Marketing Maintenance and Technicians