Bookkeeper with Payroll Experience, North Vancouver, BC
Expert Recruiters is seeking an experienced Bookkeeper/Payroll Coordinator to join a construction company in North Vancouver. The ideal candidate will oversee accurate and timely processing of payroll. This includes the preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of taxable benefits, preparation of weekly and bi-weekly remittances, maintenance of payroll, and related general ledger accounts.
Who you are:
Reporting to the Director of Finance the Bookkeeper/Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for the payroll process for approximately salaried and field staff.
· Ensures accuracy of employee entitlements, including but not limited to, vacation, ATO, sick leave and deferred vacation
· Ensures that balance sheet and income statement for payroll and related accounts are reconciled on a timely basis, and that required remittances are reconciled and filed in a timely manner.
· Entry of weekly timecard data
· Processing weekly / bi-weekly payroll
· Dealing with retro-pay / layoffs / adjustments
· Government remittances / WCB
· Manage the company's benefits program (MSP / RRSP / extended health)
· Experience issuing T4, ROE's etc.
· The ability to liaise with various staff on payroll issues
· Dealing with ad-hoc projects and requests
· Knowledge of accounting and payroll principles, practices and procedures related to the work performed.
· Ability to work under minimal supervision while balancing multiple priorities and deadlines
· Experience with Union environment ideal
· Construction industry experience an advantage
· Comfortable using accounting systems and Microsoft Office
· Adaptable to ongoing changes and the ability to prioritize and analyze
· Understanding of basic accounting principles would be good
North Vancouver, BC
Timeline for this role
The client is looking to interview perspective candidates asap with an asap start for the successful candidate once all due-diligence has been completed.
Is this you?
Please apply online @ http://www.expertrecruiters.com/search-jobs/ with your resume and cover letter to the attention of Candace Amirault, Sr. Talent Executive, quoting reference #2872-CA, if you have already met a member of our team and are interested in this role please call or email us asap.
Expert Recruiters locally established staffing and consulting firm with a national reach; established in 1999 by its Managing Director Darcia Bower, who has over 20 years' experience helping clients and candidates reach their goals. Expert Recruiters takes great pride in providing a more personal, boutique style staffing and recruitment agency experience. From the moment you walk through the door, you'll recognize that Expert Recruiters provides a warm and welcoming environment for both our candidates and our clients, with all of our applications treated with the strictest of confidence.
Posted: November 14, 2017
Closes:January 13, 2018