Bilingual Security Officer (French & English)
Reference ID: 267974
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security's mission is to provide our clients with the finest security services and products available in the marketplace. We have high profile sites which require superior customer service. In turn we provide our officers with extensive training, comprehensive benefits, rewards and recognition, and many opportunities for promotion from within.
Job Skills / Requirements
We are currently seeking for a bilingual individual to join our team in a full-time capacity at one of our high profile site in downtown Vancouver!
• Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
• Offer support to any person in need of assistance
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Fluent in English and French.
• Must be able to travel to Vancouver.
• Must be able to work from 6am-2pm and have flexible availability.
• Currently hold a valid security license in BC.
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
• Must be bondable and able to pass a security clearance.
• High School Diploma.
• Must be 19 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation, Special Incentive Plans
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posted: September 18, 2017
Closes:September 23, 2017