Permanent Primary Location:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
"At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team within a few days" You love to wrestle down data puzzles, you embrace the potential that data represents, you aspire to solve data problems no one else can, and above all, you want to use data to make impacts that matter - if that is you, then Omnia AI is where you want to be.What will your typical day look like?
As a Big Data Engineer
on our Data & Analytics Modernization team
within the Omnia AI practice, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in modern data solutions including data ingestion frameworks, data pipeline development, Hadoop-based data lake architectures and orchestration. You are enthusiastic about all things data, have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development.
Specifically, in this role, you will:
About the team
- Engineer Big Data ingestion and pipeline frameworks to populate on-premise or cloud-based data lakes
- Translate business rules and requirements into data objects, produce associated data models and source to target mappings and write abstracted, reusable code components accordingly
- Plan/schedule tasks, lead small development teams, and mentor junior colleagues
- Facilitate technical meetings with client staff, and advise client with technical option analyses based on leading practices
Omnia AI, Deloitte's Artificial Intelligence (AI) practice
is comprised of a collaborative team of experts who use their hands-on experience with cutting-edge information assets to facilitate successful AI transformations. We develop AI-enabled solutions to address all aspects of a client's transformative journey with disciplined focus on business outcomes.
Our Data & Analytics Modernization team
helps clients design and implement the data platform architectures - be it in the cloud or on-premise - required to enable cutting-edge AI solutions. You will be part of a practice to deliver a breadth of solutions to solve our clients most challenging business problems, with a focus on Big Data, BI/DW, Data Integration, Data Governance, Master Data and Analytics applications. Each of these applications leverages a different mix of traditional and innovative technologies to achieve business outcomes.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
- 3+ years implementation experience leveraging Hadoop ecosystem technologies such as HDFS, MapReduce, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc. on-premise and/or in the cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- 3+ years experience with analysis, design, development, testing and deployment of data pipeline (ETL) services leveraging the Big Data technology stack for batch and/or real-time messaging/streaming environments
- Experience writing complex SQL queries, extracting and importing disparate data from source systems, and data manipulation based on requirements
- Experience with Agile development methods in data-oriented projects
- Completed Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Information Management, Big Data & Analytics, or related field is desired
If you believe you have what it takes to be a successful member of our team, please apply now. We know your career is important to you and it's important to us, too. This role is just the first step of a highly successful career we can help you build. The time is right for you to join Deloitte. Get your career off to great start. What impact will you make?Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.