BI Developer Vancouver Island Job Type: Contract (6 months with 2 year extensions) Start Date: April 1
BI Developer is responsible for implementing the BI Strategy by developing data models and business reports, and contributing to data governance efforts. This role expected to operate at a senior level and have a solid understanding of the challenges in working on projects in a complex public sector environment. Key accountabilities include:
- Building relationships and collaborating with various groups of diverse stakeholders.
- Developing and modifying data models and business reports and dashboards using Microsoft Power BI.
- Developing ETL packages, metadata definitions and models, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
- Pushing data through ETL to its final BI architecture, which would include underlying data warehouse and data marts.
- Exposing low-level roadblocks in system designs, and providing options to address the issues.
- Implementing new enhancements to BI, supporting additional insight into existing products and services.
- Performing and adopting best practices in testing and reporting: usability, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Engaging the team and documenting rules and processes for construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting of business intelligence deployments, reports, dashboards, ETL, and other processes.
- Maintaining library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge.
- Performing quality assurance and trouble-shooting on BI reports/dashboards
- Incorporating an understanding of ERP systems and applications and the business context in which they function.
- Working within an Agile Scrum environment, including:
- Collaborating with the Product Owner team to create, understand and refine backlog items and acceptance criteria.
- Participating in Sprint Planning and setting the sprint plan goals.
- Delivering a potentially releasable Increment of "Done" product at the end of each Sprint.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the team's process.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.