BI Developer/Analyst 12 month contract
Our global natural resources client is seeing a BI Developer who has h igh level skills in reporting, business intelligence, data visualization and has knowledge or experience implementing analytics solutions and common services such as Data Governance and Data Quality in hybrid data architectures (cloud and on-premise). The incumbent will support and enhance existing BI projects and participate in net-new initiatives to drive new capabilities and enhance the enterprise capability in reporting and analytics. This position will occasionally be called on to advise and support database applications such as system-to-system integrations or as an advisor to data migration / data cleansing efforts unrelated to BI or data management.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 7 to 10 years' related experience in a BI practice for a large corporation
- Must have advanced level hands-on experience with the Microsoft technology stack (SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, TSQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing data solutions such as data marts, data warehouses in on-premise and/or cloud environments
- Hands-on experience resolving performance issues using SQL tuning, optimizing physical schema design and indexing scheme, etc.
- Hands-on experience creating multi-dimensional and tabular models
- Hands-on experience building and deploying reports to either on-premise and/or cloud implementations of Power BI
- Technically strong, applies methods, techniques & technologies that address data architecture, extraction, transformation, movement, storage, integration and governance of data
- Utilizes experience in database concepts, data modeling, data integration including design and architecture
- Knowledge and experience with Azure/Office 365 solutions considered an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with ML enabled Data Management, Data Lakes and, IOT Integration and Analytics projects considered an asset
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program . Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.