IT/IQ Tech Recruiters is seeking a BI Developer to join our client in Vancouver, BC.
Why work with our client?
- Competitive rates
- Centrally located
- Transit accessible
- Works with Business Stakeholders on the identification of information needs and the development of analytical dashboards in Power BI. Skills in rapid proto-typing to increase end-user and stakeholder involvement is key.
- Responsible for BI and PowerPivot design and development using different data sources including data transferred from SAP system for Base Metals Marketing and Sales.
- Develop and maintain BI dashboards and reports, as well as PowerPivot reports for different key functional areas including sales, finance, and transportation.
- Design dashboards and reports in conjunction with the SAP team to meet user requirements.
- Analyze and improve reports for usability and performance efficiency.
- Recommend changes in design and development for continuous improvement.
- Provide documentation for design and development.
- Provide training sessions to end users to ensure all procedures are understood.
- Work with SAP team and super users to run user acceptance tests.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Responsible for establishing and ensuring best practices for ETL workflow from identified source systems.
- Continuously improves and enforces Data Governance, Tools and Standards, while seeking alignment of BI & Analytics Enterprise.
- Continuously looking for new opportunities to optimize business decisions through analytics and statistical modeling.
- Works collaboratively with various Digital Systems’ teams to deliver a stable and highly available analytics’ reporting platform.
- Responsible for providing insight and guidance on data security and privacy issues.
- Provide post-implementation support.
Top Skills Required
- Require a Computer Science or related degree. For intermediate BI Dev role 3 to 5 plus years of related experience in a BI practice for a large corporation.
- Hands-on experience with the Microsoft technology stack (SSAS, SSRS, SQL Server, TSQL, MDX, DAX, Power BI, Power Pivot, Power Query, etc.).
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing data solutions such as data marts, data warehouses in on-premises and/or cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience resolving performance issues using SQL tuning, optimizing physical schema design, and indexing scheme, etc.
- Hands-on experience creating multi-dimensional and tabular models.
- Hands-on experience building and deploying reports to either on-premises and/or cloud implementations of Power BI.
- Utilizes experience in database concepts, data modeling, data integration including design and architecture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical scenarios. This includes presentation skills to senior level management.
- Strong Business Acumen: a large part of the role will be working directly with business streams to meet the organizations’ strategic goals.
- Positive and people-oriented personality that is action-oriented.
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure/Office 365 solutions considered an asset.
- Knowledge of or experience with ML enabled Data Management, Data Lakes and, IOT Integration and Analytics projects considered an asset.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Good time management skills and work according to priorities assigned.
- Commitment to deadlines and due dates
- Work well under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Team oriented
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Why work with us?
- Build a long-term relationship with an experienced recruitment expert
- Access to the ‘hidden’ job market – opportunities across Canada that aren’t posted on job boards
- Get a high-level understanding of market dynamics affecting your industry
- Gain insight into the culture of the company you’re applying for before submitting your profile
IT/IQ Tech Recruiters provides contract and permanent IT recruitment services to employers across Canada. We have a specialized approach to recruiting, segmenting our recruitment teams into specialty practice areas focusing on Development, PMO, Infrastructure and BI/CRM/ERP skill sets.
This approach enables our recruiters to become specialists; they know the market and work hard to understand each candidates’ capabilities, goals, career ambitions and quickly present them with the best possible opportunities. We are committed to helping candidates develop their careers and to helping our clients grow their business and complete important projects successfully.
We create opportunities for IT Professionals to empower business.