Position Summary BI DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER Job ID: 3573 REGULAR/FULL-TIME Location: BURNABY, BC To be considered for this role, applications MUST be submitted online, by clicking on 'Apply' below.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. THE ORGANIZATION
- Join one of BC's Top Employers!
- Be part of an exceptional company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
BC Housing is a provincial Crown Corporation that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province to address critical gaps across the housing continuum ranging from emergency shelter through to rent assistance in the private market and affordable home ownership. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people. Our mission
is making a difference in people's lives and communities through safe, affordable and quality housing.
BC Housing is committed to providing a healthy, safe and inclusive workplace where respect and diversity are recognized assets. We encourage and welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, individuals with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and all people committed to meaningful work that makes a difference.
BC Housing offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. But a job is more than a pay cheque. We also offer our staff the opportunity to work together to make a difference. When employees go home at the end of the day, they experience the satisfaction of knowing they've helped provide safe, affordable housing for British Columbians. And while they're here, employees can take advantage of many opportunities:
- In-house training, and training at other institutions, for courses related to employees' current positions or to prepare them for advancement within BC Housing.
- Wellness programs including physical fitness, programs to help employees quit smoking, free flu shots, mental health resources, and lunch-and-learn lectures and seminars.
- Recognition programs including long-term service awards, idea recognition and outstanding performance awards.
- Livegreen incentives include an employee transit pass program, and other initiatives that encourage alternative, sustainable transportation (even a bike purchase program!).
- An active Social Club that organizes special events like seasonal parties and arranges group discounts to other events.
- Participation in community and charitable events.
** Please note: Eligibility for benefits offered is based on employment status ** BI DATA INTEGRATION DEVELOPER POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Manager, Business Applications Development, the BI and Data Integration Developer is responsible for designing and developing data analytics and integration solutions for both internal and external audiences. The position manages all aspects of the development life cycle and ensures all data analytics applications and data integration solutions meet integrity and quality control standards. The position provides 2nd level support in tuning production reports for optimal performance, develops SQL queries for complex data requests, and facilitates integration issues between source and target applications. The position runs and manipulates various data including confidential HR, payroll and other business data. CANDIDATE PROFILE The successful candidate will have the following: EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Degree/diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution.
Minimum four years' experience in small to medium project experience interacting with project managers, business analysts, and technical resources such as application development team members and users, and operational reporting application design and development as well as experience in complete lifecycle data warehouse development projects. Some experience in enterprise reporting, BI toolsets, data integration and Azure platform is preferred.
Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good understanding of BI architecture, and full lifecycle BI and integration development.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with the following software and languages:
- BI Tools - Power BI (cloud and on-prem), SSAS, Azure Analysis Services, WebFOCUS, InfoAssist
- Integration Tools - SSIS, SSMS, DataMigrator, Oracle SOA Suite, iWay Service Manager, BPEL, Web Services, SOAP UI
- Azure Platform tools - Power Platform, Azure SQL DB, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake
- Database, e.g. DDL. DML. SQL, PL/SQL
- Web Standards/Specifications, e.g. XML, XSD, SOAP, REST, WSDL
- Ability to translate business requirements into user-friendly analytic models;
- Ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a larger team of business users and analysts;
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion
- Ability and experience in working under pressure to meet changing deadlines due to shifting priorities.
- Ability to identify, describe and resolve technical issues
- Ability to present information effectively during presentations, demonstrations and project meetings
- Ability to deal with confidential information using judgment and discretion.
- Good BI design and development skills, and data modelling and data analysis skills;
- Strong systems analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent technical writing skills to effectively complete requirements, design and operational documents
- Good interpersonal, organizational and project leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills