Amazon is seeking an experienced Canada employee benefits program manager. This hands-on, individual contributor role will be located in Canada, and will partner extensively with internal stakeholders and external partners on the strategy, design and delivery of employee benefits. Qualified candidates need to have industry experience in managing country benefit programs. In addition to ensuring a positive employee experience with our programs, this role will also be responsible for all regulatory compliance requirements for Amazon's Canada benefit programs. The ideal candidate is highly organized, analytical, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has proven abilities to manage multiple critical projects concurrently through to successful completion, and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving programs and service delivery in a highly dynamic environment. The successful candidate must demonstrate critical thinking skills, a strong focus on attention to detail with sound judgement, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a passion for customer service.
Periodic travel is required.
• Plan Administration and Compliance: Develop long-term program strategy to meet the long-term needs of Amazon and aligns to Amazon's Benefits framework and approach. Continuously evolve programs and services to earn and keep employee and business partner trust and to deliver a positive employee experience. Drive and/or participate in team projects as necessary to support our growing and dynamic workforce. Develop roadmap and execution plan for compliance initiatives.
• Plan Consulting: Develop, manage and oversee the written guidelines, policies and internal controls. Drive the development and delivery of material for committees/approval meetings. Develop complex and broad based implementation strategy for communication and change management plans. Make recommendations on plan design, integration/implementation, funding options, and in partnership with Amazon Procurement identify opportunities to reduce program and/or vendor expenses. Provide consultation and SME support for benefit plan issues that arise.
• Strategy and Program Development. Evaluate systemic issues and consults with key stakeholders to develop and refine processes and policies. Drive large initiatives. Ability to influence executives, in partnership with cross functional business leaders, to gain approvals on programs. Look for systematic ways to enhance employee experiences and vendor delivery of services to ensure consistency across the company. Develop metrics and/or surveying mechanisms to collect employee feedback and design solutions to meet the diverse needs of our employees.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree
• 8+ years of Canada benefits or program management work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 8+ years of global benefits or program management experience
• Experience with benefits design, delivery, systems, tools and automated self-service processes
• Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in an ambiguous and deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively influence, negotiate and communicate with business partners and teams to meet operational goals
• Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and drive projects to successful implementation
• Demonstrated passion for delivering a great customer experience
• Experience influencing executives, in partnership with cross functional business leaders, to gain approvals on proposals and recommendations
• Proven track record of working effectively with people across a large, complex organization
• Experience with acquisitions and new country expansions
• Highly proficient in English
• French reading, writing and speaking proficiency