ARC Programs is currently accepting applications for Behaviour Consultants to join the Family Connection Centre team.
Behaviour Consultants will work directly with parents / caregivers and their children or youth who are between the ages of 6 and 18, and who are diagnosed with, or have clinical indicators of Autism, neurodiversity, developmental delays, or other complex support needs, to assess and address the child or youth’s challenging behaviours and to build requisite skills.
Hours / Schedule >
Averaging 37.5-hours per-week
Using an outreach, community-based, family-centered service delivery approach, Behaviour Consultants will:
- Provide direct counselling, education, training, and support to parents / caregivers and their children or youth.
- Conduct a Comprehensive Functional Behaviour Assessment to assess specific behavioural challenges and skill deficits.
- Work with parents, children and youth to conduct Functional Behaviour Analysis and corresponding Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBSPs) to identify and address specific challenging behaviours.
- Provide training and support to Behaviour Interventionists and parents / caregivers in the effective implementation of their child’s PBSP.
- Provide a range of support, training, and consultation to improve the child’s development and functioning in activities of daily living, such as social emotional learning, language and communication, sleep health, sexual health, social skills, school, domestic skills and community / leisure / recreational engagement, and mental health.
- Refine and update PBSP’s as necessary.
- Collaborate with Keyworkers, Behaviour Interventionists, Child and Youth Care Workers and other FCC service providers and community to partners to provide comprehensive goal-focused interventions.
- Implement and maintain required case management and clinical records.
Other responsibilities include:
- Building relationships and connections within the community to improve service integration.
- Appling culturally safe and agile, trauma informed, relational and person / family-centered modalities.
- A Master’s degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis or MEd in Special Education is preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Applied Behaviour Analysis or Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (BSW / BA-Psychology / BA- CYC etc.) will be considered with experience directly related to working with Child and Youth with Support Needs (CYSN) clients, such as:
- Behavioural Consultant or Intervention Services
- Child, youth and family services program
- Child and Youth Mental Health program
Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License, and a sound personal vehicle to provide outreach support, and transportation for families when required.
Successful applicants will be subject to a screening process, including a criminal record search, to confirm suitability for the position.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of strengths-based family systems and attachment-based support.
- Well-versed in child development, developmental delays, neurodiversity, ASD, FASD and complex support needs.
- Demonstrated competencies in behaviour analytic assessment and intervention.
- Familiar with IHCAN assessments, and recommended interventions.
- Ability to establish trusting relationships with children, youth, and families.
- Experience working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Wage / Benefits >
$6,500 - $7,150 per month, based on relevant experience and education.
Upon successful completion of a probationary period, full-time employees (minimum 20-hrs per week) are eligible for a full benefit package (including dental plan, vision coverage, life insurance, extended medical coverage, long-term disability plan, and RRSP contributions).
New full-time employees are eligible for 3-weeks paid vacation to start, as well as paid sick days as described in agency policy.
Why choose ARC Programs as your employer?
ARC Programs is an equal-opportunity employer. We promote the diversity of our staff teams and requires all employees to demonstrate cultural agility and safety to the diversity of all populations we serve.
For more information about the Family Connection Centre, please click the link below
Please be aware that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Note: Applications will be sent to email@example.com.
Community and Social Services