The West End Seniors' Network (WESN) is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of older adults by providing social, recreational, educational and supportive programs and services that foster connection and inclusion in the broader community.
We are looking for an individual who is fluent in Spanish to teach a Beginners Spanish Class. If you are a reliable and personable volunteer who is able to lead a class independently, we are looking for you! The intention is to have structured classes to teach basic conversational and spoken Spanish. There could be opportunities to teach reading/grammar as well. The curriculum is flexible and up to the volunteer instructor. No materials are provided by WESN.
You must currently live in Vancouver.Deliverables/Duties:
- Lead a beginners Spanish class.
- Available to lead class once every week for 1-1.5 hourson a weekday during business hours.
- Help people with their Spanish questions and queries.
- Prep the program space (move chairs, tables, create copies of materials if needed, make members feel welcome, etc).
* A friendly, social and patient personality.
* Fluent in Spanish.
* Comfortable facilitating and ensuring good group dynamics
Experience working with seniors would be an asset, but is not necessary.Volunteer skills:
Teaching, Instructing, Tutoring, Facilitating
Group Leader, Host, Facilitator Role is suitable for:
People with physical disabilitiesHow to apply:
Manager of Volunteers Resources and Community ServicesContact phone:
604-669-5051Contact e-mail:email@example.com Volunteer Centre:
Vancouver Cause Tags:
Arts & Culture
Community and Social Services