Who we are:
Global restaurateur HMSHost is a world leader in creating exceptional dining experiences for traveler venues in airports and travel plazas around the world.
We are currently looking for a Part-Time Bartender to join our quick service restaurant - La Brioche Doree Café located in the exciting Vancouver International Airport.
The Bartender is responsible for greeting customers, taking drink/food orders, mixing ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, and sugar to prepare cocktails and other drinks, as well as serving beer and other beverages, and completing transactions; communicating ticket times and potential problems to the manager on duty and the servers as necessary; providing the highest quality of service to customers and associates at all times.
- Provide the highest quality of service to customers at all times
- Greet guests, mix and serve alcoholic beverages according to specifications and standards
- Prepare bar food items, suggestively sell menu food and drink items
- Operate a cash register/ cash handling, receive payment of cash from guests and/or servers for food and beverages or services
- Inventory, stock, requisition and arrange bar supplies and glasses.
- Provide special attention to sanitation and neatness as well as maintenance of bar.
- Food and beverage handling includes stocking, dating, rotating and checking temperature products
- Comply with HMSHost, franchise and other regulatory agency’s policies - Other duties as required
- Adhering to loss prevention standards
What makes you a great candidate?
- Passion for customer service
- Willing to take initiative and set the pace
- Open-minded and eager to share innovative ideas
- Consistently able to interact and communicate with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Ability to focus on the task at hand with a sense of urgency
- Serving It Right Certificate is required
- 1-2 years of Bartending experience would be an asset
- Excellent Cleaning and Organization Skills required
- Outgoing Personality
- Experience with POS (Micros) would be an asset
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
Why work at HMSHOST?
With more than 2,000 dining locations in airports and motorways across North America, HMSHost offers the resources, training, and advancement opportunities to help you be successful in your role with HMSHost
With our company, you will find that we have:
- A positive and dynamic work environment
- Competitive wages
- Extended Health & Dental, MSP, Group RSP and meal benefits
- Training and development
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement