We're building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what's right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com Job Description What you'll be doing
As a member of the Personal and Business Banking Team, you'll lead a team of high performing financial services professionals working towards a shared goal - delivering an exceptional client experience. As a people leader, you'll hire, develop, and coach your team, inspiring them to perform at their best. You'll think and act like an owner by helping clients and team members succeed, finding ways to fuel the right kind of revenue growth and taking accountability for results. You'll make a difference by supporting new and existing clients as they secure their futures, own homes, and set up businesses. You're flexible to work our banking centre hours which may include evenings and weekends. To help deliver a great client experience, you're flexible to work at multiple banking centres within a reasonable travel distance. How you'll succeed
Who you are
- Client experience - Lead by example and show your team how to deepen client relationships, and meet client financial needs while providing a high standard of service. Go above and beyond to advocate CIBC within the community to develop new and existing client relationships. Encourage employees to quickly resolve client complaints, and to escalate when necessary.
- Results oriented leadership - Create a culture of teamwork so clients are served by those best able to meet their financial needs. Monitor the Banking Centre's business performance and put action plans into place to close any gaps. Work as one team with all partners to maximize market opportunities, and increase the Banking Centre's overall performance. Manage and minimize risk to safeguard our bank, clients and shareholders.
- People leadership - Lead and coach a high performing team of Leaders, Advisors, and Representatives to deepen client relationships and deliver the right kind of growth. Provide meaningful development opportunities for employees and advocate for CIBC within the community to recruit employees who share and demonstrate our values.
What CIBC offers
- You put our clients first. You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
- You're goal oriented. You're motivated by accomplishing your goals and delivering your best to make a difference.
- You're passionate about people. You find meaning in relationships and surround yourself with a diverse network of partners. You connect with others through respect and authenticity.
- You are a caring and accountable leader. You have experience developing and implementing strategic team goals. You have experience coaching employees and inspiring successful team performance.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take initiative, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- You're a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing Mutual Funds License (Canadian Securities Course or Investment Funds In Canada). It's an asset if you've completed any of the following: Branch Compliance Officer's Course (BCO), Branch Managers Examination Course (BME), Conducts & Practices Handbook (CPH) Wealth Management Essentials (WME); or Certified Financial Planner (CFP).
- Values matter to you . You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork, and accountability.
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
What you need to know
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.email@example.com
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit .
Nanaimo-650 Terminal Ave,S.109 Employment Type
Accountable, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Employee Experience, Sales, Taking Initiative
Customer Service and Support Other