BAND 5 - Executive Director Position Classification
Band 5 Union
N/A Work Options Location
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$119,600.00 - $152,599.97 annually Close Date
9/28/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Finance Ministry Branch / Division
Crown Agencies Secretariat Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
There are two (2) Executive Director positions available at the Crown Agencies Secretariat (CAS)!
The Executive Director, Sector Supports and Engagement is responsible for providing core services for CAS (project management, IM/IT strategy, planning, process improvement and implementation) as well as strategic and advisory services and supports to Public Sector Organizations (PSOs), including the ministries responsible. The position develops effective partnerships and working relationships with PSOs, as well as other ministries across government that have responsibility for overseeing and supporting PSOs, to advance provincial objectives and to anticipate and resolve issues that emerge within the PSO sector.
The Executive Director, Crown Policy and Strategic Initiatives provides strategic leadership in support of specific organizations (e.g., the Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) and BC Lottery Corporation (BCLC)) on financial, policy and communications projects, issues and strategic initiatives, and is responsible for leading a team of staff responsible for providing timely, responsive advice to both ministries and government regarding emerging issues.
To successfully deliver on these responsibilities, both Executive Directors work closely with senior government, ministry and Crown agency/PSO executives, as well as various ministry program areas, Treasury Board Staff, Cabinet Operations and stakeholder groups, including other levels of government and special interest groups.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics or a related field and four (4) years of experience in a leadership role that includes leading and overseeing significant policy and/or legislation, and stakeholder engagement initiatives. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related experience must include:
- Experience working with senior management and executive of government ministries, Crown agencies or similar organizations to provide expert advice, develop and execute strategies, policies and/or legislative frameworks.
- Experience negotiating/mediating complex problems, high profile issues management, stakeholder relations, and developing solutions.
- Experience in strategic project management, including coordinating diverse strategic priorities and ensuring consistency with the service plan.
- Extensive experience with leadership, change management and influence management.
- Experience analyzing complex policy and operational issues, establishing and reconciling program and project objectives, and preparing and presenting verbal/written advice and briefings, including Treasury Board and Cabinet Submissions, for decision by senior officials, Ministers and other elected officials.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team of professionals and managing staff.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Brianne.Kober@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Two (2) permanent positions available.
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position is based out of the location listed above.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: YES -
A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive