BAND 5 - Executive Director, Information Technology**AMENDED**
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
To Be Determined Upon Hire
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Elections BC
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary ***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.*** Are you an experienced Information Technology leader looking for a unique opportunity serving democracy in British Columbia? Join a collaborative and innovative team, dedicated to continuous improvement. Executive Director, Information Technology
Competition # EBC2022:16
One full-time, permanent position under the Public Service Act
Management Band 5
Starting salary to be determined based on experience and expertise.
Posting close date: January 15, 2023About the role
The Executive Director, Information Technology leads the development of technology strategies, roadmaps, and business plans for Elections BC, and ensures Elections BC's IT strategy and plans align with strategic plan and priorities. As a member of the Senior Management Team, this position provides leadership and direction to all aspects of IT strategic planning, enterprise architecture, business analysis, process re-engineering, IT governance, cybersecurity, IT asset management, and vendor management.
Reporting directly to the Deputy Chief Electoral Officer, Corporate Services, our ideal applicant has the experience and ability to marry the how and the why. We are looking for a long-term visionary leader, an effective problem-solver who asks "why" more than any other question, and can see the need for creative solutions to business challenges.
If you see a future through several electoral events and establishing a foundation to implement process, all while leading an extraordinary and outstanding team dedicated to IT service excellence, we want to hear from you.About Elections BC
Elections BC is a non-partisan Office of the Legislature responsible for administering electoral processes in British Columbia. Our vision is to be leaders in electoral administration and deliver modern, accessible and trusted electoral services for British Columbians. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and strategic thinker, who can lead the information technology team to achieve our strategic vision.
Our unique business cycle serving democracy allows for careers to start with quiet confidence and become loud with reliability and commitment over time. You may find you align well with this opportunity if your motivation is striving for service excellence and empowering others.What we offer
Our motivated team makes a difference for voters in British Columbia. We work to ensure an accessible and inclusive democratic process for all eligible voters in the province. Elections BC is a top work unit in the BC public service and maintains a high level of employee engagement.
We have a flexible work culture, designed to support program delivery excellence and work-life balance. During non-event periods, staff are supported to work part of their time in the office and part of their time from home, when operationally feasible. All staff work in office during electoral events.
As an independent and non-partisan Office of the Legislature, our permanent management staff also receive the following benefits:
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- High-performing leadership team
- Experience challenging, dynamic work
- 4+ weeks paid vacation
- Earned days off
- Flexible health care and dental benefits
- Public Service Pension
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
To be considered for this opportunity, you must be immediately eligible to accept permanent employment in Canada.
Education and experience:
To apply for this opportunity:
- Completion of a degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in computer science, software engineering, information systems, or other related areas of study.
- Experience with strategic planning and business transformation in a technology-dependent business area or information systems branch.
- Experience leading, developing and implementing information management and information technology policies, programs and projects in a complex systems environment including cyber/data security and data management.
- Experience negotiating and managing information technology contracts.
- Experience managing professional staff, project teams and divisional budgets.
- Review thejob description.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant work experience and qualifications.
- Before Clicking"Apply Now"below, ensure your application clearly shows how you meet the job requirements as described above.
- Elections BC is committed to the health and safety of our employees and takes every reasonable precaution against the hazards of COVID-19 in our workplaces. Employees will be required to confidentially provide proof that they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. New hires must satisfy the COVID-19 verification requirements as a condition of their employment offer prior to their start date. Details about the COVID-19 verification process will be provided at the time of offer of hire.
- The results of this competition may be used to staff similar positions within Elections BC. An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies. Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level.
- The recruitment process for this competition will take place virtually
Elections BC is committed to fostering a respectful workplace and welcoming diversity and inclusion throughout our organization.Elections BC | 1-800-661-8683 | elections.bc.ca DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive