BAND 5 - Chief Financial Officer - AMENDMENT
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$112,100.00 - $142,999.89 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Housing
Ministry Branch / Division
Amendment January 20, 2023: Ministry updated from Attorney General to Ministry of Housing.
Amendment January 20, 2023: 'About this Position'information amended.
Amendment January 20, 2023: Additional locations included toassist applicants in searching for this opportunity. Bring your leadership skills and management expertise to this exciting opportunity
The Ministry of Housing was formed in December 2022 to focus on the creation of attainable and affordable housing for people in British Columbia. The Ministry works collaboratively with partners within the B.C. government and across the housing sector to ensure consumers and providers in the housing marketplace are supported by efficient and fair regulations, that local governments are enabled to advance the housing their communities need, and that the supply of housing options offer attainable choices for British Columbians. As well, a key responsibility of the ministry is to lead government's focused efforts on addressing the needs of unhoused people to support safe and healthy communities for all. The Ministry provides direction and funding to BC Housing, who has a mandate to develop, manage and administer housing options and supports on behalf of the Government across the housing ecosystem.
The Chief Financial Officer leads and is accountable for the financial operations of the organization. This complex role includes functioning as a catalyst, strategist, operator, and steward in support of effective financial management. The CFO will lead and support senior management and executive in the planning and execution of government's strategic corporate agenda. A successful CFO is a strong leader, has well developed business acumen. The position requires financial technical expertise and experience and develops and executes the financial management strategies and service delivery framework for the organization in accordance to government policy.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Professional accounting designation CPA - CA, CGA, CMA, issued by a Canadian Accounting Association.
Note: If your designation was obtained from outside of Canada, you will need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through an applicable Canadian Accounting Association.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience in progressive (senior) positions.
- Combined five years experience in progressively more challenging leadership roles directing a wide range of activities in two or more of the following areas: infrastructure change; business systems and controls; policy; budgeting; or financial services; performance management; corporate risk and/or legislative compliance.
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships with executives, senior financial leaders and senior managers associated with managing financial activities and/or leading financial management change.
- At least three years experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary financial teams.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Travis.Smith@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Amendment:We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: Yes
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: Yes
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (Basic): Yes
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive