BAND 4 - Director, Resource Management
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA (Primary)
$92,700.24 - $123,200.20 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Director, Resource Management
Management Band 4
Currently there is 1 permanent opportunity available in Williams Lake.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A key leadership opportunity for integrated natural resource management and decision-making.
Reporting to a Regional Executive Director (RED) the Director of Resource Management is accountable for the delivery of region-wide operations and the coordination of consistent delivery of district activities under provincial policy and legislative direction within the ministry.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Josh.Pressey@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:Education
• University degree or higher in natural resource management field (e.g., outdoor recreation, forestry, geography, biology, natural resource management, land management, environmental management), business and/or public administration or related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience*
• An equivalent combination of education and related experience* may be considered.*Related experience includes the following:
• Experience in a senior operational management capacity in the public sector or industry including business and organizational planning accountabilities.
• Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
• Experience leading and coaching diverse teams and in financial and human resource management.Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
• Five (5) or more years of experience negotiating solutions, partnerships and agreements with stakeholders and/or First Nations related to natural resource management.
• Five (5) or more years of experience with public and stakeholder engagement, representing the ministry at a strategic level including at press conferences and other public forums.
• Five (5) or more years of experience with emergency management.Willingness Statements
• Have or be able to obtain a Class 5 drivers' license or equivalent
• Frequent travel may be required.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive