BAND 4 - Director, Procurement and Financial Operations
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T 6L8 CA
Prince George, BC V2N4P7 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$96,400.00 - $128,100.00 annually
Temporary Assignment (TA)
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
Corporate Management Services Branch
Job Summary Bring your leadership skills and management expertise to this exciting opportunity
The Corporate Management Services Branch strives to provide excellence in corporate services and partners in our ministry's strategic outcomes. Our mission as a central, consolidated, support services team, is to support all the program areas and branches in the justice sector. The Branch is responsible for budget reporting, forecasting, financial reporting and provides advisory services relating to finance, strategic human resources, facilities management, enterprise risk, and security. The Branch plays a critical role linking the justice sector to its partners and government's central agencies (Treasury Board Staff and Office of the Comptroller General, and Office of the Chief Information Officer and Shared Services Agencies).
The Director, Procurement and Financial Operations will provide support to all sector program areas regarding procurement, related financial policies and best practices, and contract management advice in line with Core Policy & Procedures Manual (CPPM), and including linkages to international trade agreements, solicitation guidelines, aboriginal procurement and contract management guidelines, and standards of conduct.Job Requirements:
Education and Experience
- Professional accounting designation, or equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Formal training in procurement policies and practices, equivalent to the Procurement and Contracting Management Program.
- Experience in the full procurement life cycle and analyzing complex issues, evaluating options and recommending solutions.
- Experience advising a diverse client caseload on contract management and procurement in a risk-based environment.
- Experience negotiating/mediating solutions in a public sector environment.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Travis.Smith@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
This position is excluded from union membership.
We offer flexible work arrangements, including the opportunity to telework (with conditions) as set out in applicable employer policies. The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
This position may become permanent.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service can help Indigenous applicants (First Nations [status or non-status], Métis or Inuit) interested in BC Public Service job positions.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover letter: No
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: Yes
- A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (Comprehensive): Yes
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application website. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Finance, Leadership and Management
Banking, Finance and Insurance