BAND 4 - Director, Client Business Solutions Position Classification
Band 4 Union
N/A Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$96,400.00 - $128,100.03 annually Close Date
6/1/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Municipal Affairs Ministry Branch / Division
Information Services Branch/MSD Job Summary Contribute your valued expertise in strategy, design and service delivery to this opportunity
The Economy Sector is comprised of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs, Ministry of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport, Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation and the Ministry of Labour. The Information Services Branch provides support in a trusted advisor capacity to support program areas in meeting their technology needs.Job Requirements:
Degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience (e.g., HR management, stakeholder management, change management, operational and/or strategic planning and execution).
Five (5) years' related experience must include:
- Experience in a senior management role leading new business development projects and/or business transformation projects involving a diverse range of project portfolios.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience in strategic business planning; contract management; financial management; and leading multi-party negotiations.
- Experience managing branch human resources, budgets, agreements and other aspects of program and service delivery.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience totaling a minimum of seven (7) years may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- PMP or PRINCE2 project management certification.
- Five (5) or more years of experience at a senior project management or business level guiding large-scale, complex IT-related projects, including projects with organization-wide impacts and the involvement of external stakeholders.
- Five (5) or more years of experience managing, leading, and coaching a team of multi-disciplinary senior level professionals.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Kartheek.Ketepalle@gov.bc.ca About this Position:
There is currently one (1) temporary assignment available until June 2024. This appointment may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and temporary opportunities.
Flexible work options are available; this position may work a hybrid schedule as per the Telework Agreement.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements list above.Cover Letter: NO -
Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES -
Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES -
You will need to complete a basic questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Information Management/Information Technology, Leadership and Management
Information Technology Management and Executive