BAND 3 - Resource Manager - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED
100 Mile House, BC V0K 2E0 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Quesnel, BC V2J 6W6 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Resource Manager
Management Band 3
Amendment (November 29, 2022):Closing Date extended to December 6, 2022.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
The recruitment process for this competition may take place virtually.
There is currently onepermanent opportunity available in the Cariboo Region.
On November 1, 2021, the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your strong leadership skills to this dynamic team environment
Resource Manager works within natural resource management and is accountable for managing the delivery of region wide operations consistent with ministry priorities and objectives and legislative requirements and oversees a number of teams comprised of technical, administrative, and professional staff.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Josh.Pressey@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree or diploma in a field related to natural resource management or business/public administration, plus 5 years of related experience
- Or, acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience including 7 Years of related experience
Related experience includes the following:
- Experience in operational management and planning for business delivery in a natural resource, business, or public administration setting.
- Experience in effective communications with internal and external clients.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships and resolving problems with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience in financial and human resources in a natural resource, business, or public administration setting.
- Experience leading and coaching diverse teams and managing team performance and individual accountabilities.
- Experience in managing change and leading teams through organizational change.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT
: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Leadership and Management, Natural Resource Sector
Management and Executive