BAND 3 - Manager, Reporting and Assessment
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA (Primary)
$77,700.20 - $110,000.05 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy
Ministry Branch / Division
Climate Action Secretariat
Job Summary Manager, Reporting and Assessment
Management Band 3
This is a temporary opportunity until October 31st, 2023. This temporary opportunity may become permanent.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .It's Time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed
The Climate Action Secretariat (CAS) leads the coordination of efforts to reduce BC's contribution to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in accordance with legislated targets; and prepare for, and adapt to, the expected changes in the province's natural and built environment as a result of climate change. CAS also administers the Greenhouse Gas and Industrial Reporting and Control Act and the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Targets Act.
The Climate Partnerships and Engagement Branch leads the development of partnerships to advance climate objectives across sectors. The Clean Government team develops climate policy and programs to support the reduction of GHG emissions for the provincial public sector and administers the award-winning Carbon Neutral Government program. The team works in partnership with agencies inside and outside of the BC public sector on policies that reduce buildings and fleet greenhouse gas emissions while supporting a market transformation towards low carbon resilient buildings and zero emission vehicles.
Reporting to the Director, Clean Government, the Manager, Reporting and Assessment, leads a team of policy and technical professionals and manages the Carbon Neutral Government program, delivering on the legislated annual commitment for the provincial government to be carbon neutral in its operations. The Manager works in close collaboration with a wide network of over 130 public sector organization program participants and stakeholders, oversees the annual GHG reporting process, including management of multiple contracts with third-party service providers, as well as the Province's carbon offset portfolio, including the negotiation, purchase and retirement of offsets to achieve carbon neutrality.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Related Experience Includes:
- University degree, preferably at the graduate level, in Economics, Business Administration, Public Sector Management, Public Administration, Environmental Management, or a similar field, and 3 years of related experience. Significant university coursework focused on climate change is considered an asset.
- Management of strategic initiatives with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in the practical application of analytical approaches to the assessment of significant policy issues, such as climate change.
- Experience working with other agencies, special interest groups and directly with clients in the delivery of public programs.
- Experience with procurement and contract management.
- Experience in developing communications and delivering presentations.
- Prior experience leading teams, preferably in a unionized environment.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive