BAND 3 - Indigenous Liaison Officer Position Classification
Band 3 Union
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$76,200.06 - $105,700.02 annually Close Date
3/6/2020 Job Type
Temporary (Auxiliary) Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Office of the Ombudsperson Ministry Branch / Division
OMBD Job Summary Indigenous Liaison Officer
Victoria, BCTemporary, full time*
The Indigenous Liaison Officer informs external outreach strategies and helps to build authentic, meaningful, and effective relationships with Indigenous leadership, organizations and communities. The Officer provides advice and helps create a culturally responsive approach to existing Office programs and initiatives that support the principles of administrative fairness and natural justice.Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in Indigenous Studies, Indigenous Legal Studies, Anthropology, Political Science, Communications, Social Work, or other related field.
- Experience liaising with First Nations and Indigenous communities in British Columbia.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have completed OCAP® training.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- In keeping with the principles of merit, and recognizing the value of lived experience, applications will be restricted to those from Indigenous applicants.
Complete qualifications, including competencies, are outlined in the job profile. The job profile is available in the posting found at https://www.bcombudsperson.ca/about/careers .
*This opportunity is for one (1) two-year assignment and may become a permanent, full-time position. An eligibility list for full-time temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership. Occasional travel is required.
The Office of the Ombudsperson supports the commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.TO APPLY: DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.
Instructions on the application process can be found at:
If you have questions related to the competition process, please contact Julia Vossen, HR Advisor, at JVossen@bcombudsperson.ca
Competition Req #: 67789
Closing Date: Friday, March 6, 2020 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) (PST)
BC's Ombudsperson - http://www.bcombudsperson.ca/ Job Category
Leadership and Management