BAND 3 - Civil Forfeiture Manager Position Classification
Band 3 Union
N/A Work Options
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CASalary Range
$86,200.00 - $122,100.01 annually Close Date
12/8/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Public Safety & Sol General Ministry Branch / Division
Civil Forfeiture Office Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
Established in 2006, the Civil Forfeiture Office (CFO) administers the Civil Forfeiture Act (CFA) and is a key part of the province's anti-gang and anti-money laundering strategy.
Under delegated authority from the director, the position's powers, duties, and functions include:
- Collecting and managing the use and disclosure of information and maintaining records for the purposes of the CFA, and based on information collected, determining if proceedings should be commenced under the CFA; and
- Commencing and conducting proceedings under the Act.
Additionally, the position provides support to the director by gathering information through open and closed source searches, including demands for information using mechanisms provided for in the CFA, and analyzing this information to make recommendations to the director. The position is an expert in police investigative techniques, the law of evidence and civil procedure and their advice is relied upon by both the director and by policing agencies and other provincial forfeiture programs.
Under delegation, the position is primarily responsible for the conduct of administrative and judicial forfeiture proceedings. Working with other CFO managers and the directors, the position also has a lead role in directing file specific investigative strategies. The position manages a team of staff and coordinates and leads, alone, or as part of a team, intelligence research, analysis, development, and implementation of strategic investigational and operational policies for the office.Job Requirements:
- A Degree in a field related to law, criminology/justice, and a minimum of 2 years of *related experience; OR
- A degree in an unrelated field and 5 years of *related experience.
*Related experience must include 5 of the following:
- Experience with operational or administrative policy and program analysis with experience implementing recommendations that had a long-term impact on a program.
- Experience managing the delivery of a complex program or operation.
- Experience building long-term collaborative relationships with others.
- Experience leading research, policy, or legal initiatives and implementing recommendations.
- Experience analyzing complex datasets and making recommendations based on your forecasts.
- Experience conducting criminal or regulatory-based investigations for police or another government entity in relation to forfeiture, money laundering or gangs.
- Experience with oversight of civil litigation files in a Canadian civil forfeiture program.
- Experience working with government officials to lead a business/program/project objective at the municipal, provincial, or federal level.
- Experience with making policy/program recommendations to persons in senior leadership positions outside of your regular work unit.
- Experience with analysing the viability and stability of a business/program/project, in a leadership role, or for the purpose of making recommendations, or both.
- Experience with analyzing legal proceedings or case law to make tactical and strategic recommendations.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience with conducting open/closed source research and intelligence analysis.
- Experience with working for a police department or a Forfeiture Office located in Canada, the United Stated, or a Commonwealth country.
- Experience working as, or providing direct instruction to, legal counsel.
For questions regarding this position, please contact CFOHR@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 4 days at home per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
This is a temporary opportunity until 12/31/2024, which may be extended and/or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
Employees of the BC Public Service must be located in BC at the time of employment.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a standard questionnaire (current employment status, eligibility to apply, etc.).
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management, Policy, Research and Economics
Management and Executive