BAND 3 - Business Manager - Closing date extended Position Classification
Band 3 Union
N/A Work Options
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$86,200.00 - $122,100.01 annually Close Date
3/4/2024 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
BC Wildfire Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the Province of BC's primary emergency response organization. It operates year-round to deliver its mandate for wildfire management and response to natural hazard emergencies. The BCWS operates provincially, delivering services through six fire centres, thirty-three zones and two provincial centres in Kamloops and Victoria.
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting a Fire Centre or Provincial Programs.
Explore the opportunities and value working with our team can offer you: Why Work for the Ministry of Forests .Job Requirements:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or commerce, and three (3) years of directly related experience*; OR,
- Diploma in, business administration, public administration, or commerce, or unrelated degree or diploma and five (5) years of directly related experience*; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in financial management which may include business planning, contract administration, risk management and internal financial controls.
- Minimum two (2) years experience in budget management.
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
*Directly related experience must include a combination of the following:
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial and administrative services, strategic business planning, allocating resources, and procurement.
- Experience in program administration including leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Minimum two(2) years experience in procurement and contract administration.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in leading strategic and business planning.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Jeffrey.Dunne@gov.bc.ca
. About this Position:
Amendment (February 23, 2024): Posting closing date extended to March 4, 2024
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work up to 2 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
Flexible work options may not be available during emergency operations response periods.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future permanent vacancies.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive