BAND 2 - Regional Manager, Primary Care
Cranbrook, BC V1C 7G5 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nelson, BC V1L 6K1 CA
Penticton, BC V2A 8X1 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
Williams Lake, BC V2G 5M1 CA
$66,900.01 - $94,600.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Health
Ministry Branch / Division
Primary Care Division
Job Summary Regional Manager, Primary Care
Management Band 2
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies within the Province of British Columbia.
Currently there arethree Permanent Full Time vacancies:
- 1 position is based in Victoria.
- 2 positions may be based anywhere in the Interior Health Regionincluding Kelowna, Penticton, Kamloops, Williams Lake, Cranbrook, Nelson, or other communities. These locations are representative of the region,to assist in your job search.
Travel within the region is required.
This position is excluded from union membership.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging roleThe Primary Care Division (PCD
) is responsible for setting provincial direction to support a high functioning primary health-care system that meets the needs of all British Columbians. This includes leading reforms that support primary care as the foundation of a full-service, community-based, integrated system of person and family-centred care. One which has a focus on improving attachment to primary care providers and access to quality evidence-based services. These reforms are built around team-based care provided through a mix of full-service family practices and other models including, urgent and primary care centres and community health centres, linked together with other primary and community care services as part of local primary care networks. Key stakeholders in the strategy include but are not limited to: Regional Health Authorities, General Practice Services Committee, Divisions of Family Practice, Primary Care Networks, Collaborative Service Committees, primary care providers, First Nations, patients, families, and communities.Planning and Implementation Oversight
supports the reforms that are built around team-based care provided through a mix of full-service family practices, Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC), Community Health Centres and First Nations-led Primary Care Centers linked together with one another and with other primary and community care services as part of local Primary Care Networks
The Regional Manager, Primary Care, Planning and Implementation Oversightis responsible for building relationships with primary care partners and guiding partners in planning and implement primary care networks in the region.
An effective communicator, you possess strong collaboration and negotiation skills. You are able to handle changing situations, emerging priorities and challenging deadlines as you work to build positive relationships with other teams and regional staff, cross-ministry partners and stakeholders on projects and policy development. You possess excellent communication skills and are highly skilled at project direction, management and leadership. This position requires someone committed to meeting the goals and objectives to implement primary care services across the region. This position requires someone committed to teamwork and staff engagement. If you are an experienced project manager with the initiative required for this challenging role, we look forward to your application.
This is your opportunity to build your career and to gain a better understanding of all the public service has to offer, such as competitive employee benefits , amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with an award winning employer. The BC Public Service encourages a healthy work/life balance that enables you to take advantage of the community and surrounding area in which you live. For more information, please visit What The BC Public Service Offers You.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service.For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
.DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Preference may be given to applicants who have:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as, Business Administration, Health Administration, Social Services or Public Administration. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) years or more of demonstrated experience in each of the following areas:
o community development,
o project management, and/or
o business case development.
- Experience with Patient and Public Engagement
- Experience in establishing relationships with multiple external stakeholders/partners
- Experience establishing collaborative relationships and leading change
- Experience negotiating agreements and working collaboratively in partnership arrangements
- Experience in a supervisory/management role including resolving complex staff and/or client issues
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- A Master's Degree
- Experience working directly with Indigenous communities
- Experience working in the health sector
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.Please refer to the Job Profile for the full list of Proviso and Willingness requirements.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Health Services, Leadership and Management