BAND 2 - Manager of In Court Operations *CLOSE DATE EXTENDED*
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA (Primary)
$66,900.01 - $94,600.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Attorney General
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Manager of In Court Operations
Management Band 2
Amended Nov 30: Close date extended until Dec 30, 2022
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Become an integral part of B.C.'s Justice System in this senior role
As a branch within the Ministry of Justice, Court Services employs 1,300 staff to deliver programs and services at 89 court locations, in person, by telephone, via video and the Internet. The branch's programs and services include case documentation and adjudication support (i.e. case initiation and processing, fee collection, file and exhibit management, court clerking, court records and transcripts, interpreter services, and the preparation and dissemination of court orders); court and courthouse security and court order enforcement including holding and transporting of prisoners by ground and air from police jails and from federal and provincial correctional facilities; the collection of court fines; and the civil bailiff process. The branch also manages and maintains all courthouse facilities.
Each year as many as 350,000 new criminal and civil cases proceed through the courts. Court Services must function in a manner that supports the requirement for independent decision-making among justice system participants. The branch must continually develop innovative reforms to increase access and improve processes to serve the public more effectively and, in developing reforms, must work closely with the police, Crown counsel, the judiciary, and corrections authorities.
The branch's operational programs and services are managed and delivered through five regions (i.e. courthouses serving Vancouver Island, Vancouver Coastal, Fraser, Interior, and North).
The Manager, In-Court Operations manages all in-court administration & technical support to court sittings in the Kamloops Law Courts and circuit court locations. The Manager is responsible for providing support in regards to daily court clerk and recorder coverage, digital audio recording, video conferencing and video linkage, preparation of courtroom facilities, maintenance and use of equipment, interpretation services, and any other services ordered or requested by the Judiciary. The Benefits
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To learn more, watch Working For The BC Public Service . In addition, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2022, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2022 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2022. The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Michelle.Mcphee@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED), preferably supplemented with a university degree or college diploma in a related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience with the justice or legal system.
- Must have or be able to obtain an appointment as a Justice of the Peace in the Province of British Columbia.
- Must have or be able to complete the Deputy District Registrar certification program to be a DDR of the supreme Court of British Columbia and an authorized signing officer of the Provincial Court of British Columbia.
- Two years current related supervisory experience in a legal environment or in court administration preferably with: emphasis on policy interpretation and development, legislative interpretation, technical systems implementation, and liaison with the judiciary.
- Experience in information technology applications and network systems operations.
Preferred experience (may not be required):
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience in clerking court, criminal registry, exhibit control, audio recording and transcription preferred.
- Experience in small project management preferred.
Enhanced Security Screening will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.
Court and Judicial Services, Leadership and Management