BAND 2 - Manager of Finance Position Classification
Band 2 Union
N/A Work Options
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$69,600.00 - $98,399.97 annually Close Date
6/13/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Attorney General Ministry Branch / Division
BC Human Rights Tribunal Job Summary A great opportunity to take the next step in your career
The Human Rights Tribunal is an independent quasi-judicial Tribunal established by the Human Rights Code ("Code") to provide dispute resolution services in human rights matters. The Tribunal receives, mediates, and adjudicates complaints in human rights matters.
Reporting to the Director, People, Culture and Business Operations this position is the financial expert for the organization, accountable for providing financial and procurement management advice to the Director, People, Culture and Business Operations, and the leadership team, including directly to the Chair.Job Requirements:
• Professional accounting designation (CA or CGA or CMA).*
• A minimum of 5 years' progressively responsible experience to include:
• budget development and financial analysis
• working with complex budgets of at least $1 million
• procurement and contract management
• presenting financial advice to senior leaders
*An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
• Previous experience with government budgets, contracts or procurement
• Related experience in a tribunal or similar organizational setting,
• Experience with data and statistical analysis.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Emily.Ohler@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work 3 days at home per week as per the Telework Agreement.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire: YES
- You will need to complete a comprehensive questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. The questionnaire will take approximately 60 minutes to complete.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive