BAND 2 - Manager, Inclusion & Diversity
Abbotsford, BC V2S 1H4 CA
Campbell River, BC V9W 6Y7 CA
Fort St John, BC V1J6M7 CA
Kamloops, BC V2H 1B7 CA
Kelowna, BC V1Z 2S9 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Prince Rupert, BC V8J 4M8 CA
Vancouver, BC V6B 0N8 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$66,900.01 - $94,600.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Social Dev & Poverty Reduction
Ministry Branch / Division
SHRC/Corporate Services Division
Job Summary Manager, Inclusion and Diversity
Management Band 2
We currently have one permanent opportunity. An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position can be performed from anySDPR ministry office, locations may include but are not limited to: Campbell River, Burnaby, Coquitlam, Nanaimo, Langley, Abbotsford, Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Nelson, Prince George, Prince Rupert and Fort St John.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .Bring your passion for inclusion and diversity to this important role
The Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we strive to ensure all employees contribute in meaningful ways, bring their full self to work and celebrate their differences. The ministry focuses on reducing poverty, creating opportunities, and increasing inclusion. The ministry provides strategic leadership and quality services that empower British Columbians to share in the province's prosperity, with a vision to participate fully in their community and to reach their full potential.
The Corporate Services Division provides valuable and accessible corporate services to support our people and the ministry's strategic objectives. Leaders in corporate service excellence, the division strives to be a great place to work, to be a trusted partner and an outstanding service provider. The division is guided by principles of trust, collaboration, and commitment.
The Manager, Inclusion and Diversity provides strategic advice and consultation on the development of the Ministry's Workforce Plan, organizational development, and implementation of corporate-wide programs and initiatives. A main focus for the Manager, Inclusion and Diversity is on the programs and initiatives in the ministry's Inclusion, Diversity and Cultural Safety Strategy.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Two (2) years of related work experience within a workplace, volunteer organization or community-based setting, which must include:
o Experience leading program design, delivery, and evaluation.
o Experience related to the promotion and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives.
o Experience leading communications and change management in support of complex issues.
- Post-secondary degree in social sciences, human resources, public administration, business administration or a related field.
An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
• Experience supervising staff or leading project teams.
• Experience with recruitment, retention, or succession management for diverse populations.
• Experience in facilitation (e.g., meetings, training, and planning initiatives).
• Due to the nature of this role, preference may be given to qualified applicants who self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations status or non-status, Inuit and/or Métis), LGBTQ2S+, a Person with a Disability, and/or a member of a racialized community, with the required combination of education and experience.
Periodic travel within British Columbia may be required.Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (BASIC): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive