BAND 2 - Manager, Facilities & Operations Position Classification
Band 2 Union
N/A Work Options
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$69,600.00 - $98,399.97 annually Close Date
6/6/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Assets and Facility Management | Finance & Corporate Services Division Job Summary Bring your vision, leadership, and strategic planning skills to this important role
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Assets and Facilities Management, this position is responsible for the day-to-day infrastructure operations for almost 200 office locations across the province, including facilities (e.g. space planning, moves, renovations, and physical security), office furniture and equipment, vehicle fleet and IM/IT administration, and all related financial administration. The position supervises a geographically dispersed team of 10 staff and administers a budget of approximately $5 million.
This position is also responsible for administering and providing strategic input into the associated governance and policies/practices/procedures. This position ensures service integration and coordination across the ministry through streamlining processes for efficiencies in area(s) of responsibility, and ensuring standardization and consistency in decision making.Job Requirements:
Education and experience:
Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Finance, Business Administration or in a related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Minimum one (1) year in each of the following:
- Experience in managing and leading teams.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial management.
- Experience in strategic planning, goal setting, resource allocation and developing performance measurement tools.
- Experience in supervision of staff, performance goal setting, staff training and preparation of individual career development plans.
Preference may be given to candidates with minimum one (1) year of one or more of the following:
- Experience in managing remote teams in an operations environment.
- Experience in facilities management building code and occupancy requirements.
- Experience with emergency management and health and safety standards.
- Experience with physical security.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Charmaine.Crowe@gov.bc.ca
.About this Position:
Flexible work options are available; this position may be able to work from home a few days a week subject to an approved telework agreement.
There is currently onetemporary opportunity available until November 10, 2023. This temporary appointment may become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
This position is excluded from union membership.Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For guidance on applying and interviewing, please contact IndigenousApplicants@gov.bc.ca
or 778-405-3452.How to Apply:
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements listed above.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- You will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and how you obtained your relevant experience. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
Helpful tips, videos and more regarding the application process can be found on the Your Job Application page of MyHR. If you are experiencing technical difficulty applying, e-mail BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible.Additional Information:
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Category
Leadership and Management
Management and Executive