BAND 2 - Learning Manager Position Classification
Band 2 Union
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Vancouver, BC V9B 5J3 CA
Victoria, BC V9B6X2 CASalary Range
$65,600.24 - $92,700.24 annually Close Date
11/29/2020 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Children & Family Development Ministry Branch / Division
Provincial Director Child Welfare/Learning & Development Job Summary Learning ManagerManagement Band 2
This position is excluded from union membership.
This position can be performed from either Vancouver or Victoria.
This posting is to establish an eligibility list to fill both current and/or future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
There is currently one (1) full time temporary opportunity available until December 31, 2021, with the possibility of extension. This temporary opportunity may become permanent.An excellent opportunity to lead and promote change that fosters development!
Learning & Development is the designated resource for ministry specific learning for front-line staff at the Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD). The team develops and delivers clinical and specialized training programs across six service lines (Child Safety, Children and Youth with Special Needs, Children and Youth Mental Health, Guardianship and Adoptions, Youth Justice and Specialized Intervention, and mandatory Foster Caregiver training). This training is designed to ensure front-line staff have the skills and competencies to receive formal delegation (where required) and to support them in working directly with vulnerable children, family and youth populations.
The Learning Manager position provides strategic advice and consultation on the development of learning programs, performance management and the organizational development of the ministry; focusing on improving individual performance, organizational outcomes and meeting business objectives. This position is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and ongoing management of learning materials to address specific learning priorities within the various ministry job streams. This role will recommend and advise Executive on the implementation of learning through a variety of modalities (e.g. in-person, virtual, blended, e-learning and other web-based technologies). The role will work with a variety of interest holders, both internal and external to the ministry, and will coordinate with external contractors as/when required.
Travel within the province may be required for this position.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jill.Franssen@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
Information and tips about how to complete your job application, including adding or editing your résumé and applying for jobs, are available at the following link: Your Job Application . If you still experience technical difficulties applying for a competition, please send an email to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time
, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.JOB REQUIREMENTS:To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Adult Education or Organizational Development; OR an equivalent combination of education and/or recent* experience may be considered.
- Minimum 2 years' recent* experience in the conceptualization, methodology, instructional design, development and implementation of learning and development programs, curricula and products.
- Minimum 2 years' recent* experience in leading multiple project teams and in working with varied stakeholders and groups to deliver quality learning programs under strict timelines and budget constraints.
- Minimum 2 years' recent* experience in budget and contract monitoring.
- Minimum 2 years' intermediate experience with computer applications and databases including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Preference may be given for direct experience working in learning within the Health and Human Services sector.
- Note: Recent* experience is defined as continuous experience gained within the last 3 years.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Cover letter required: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume required: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE)
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Leadership and Management